Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Ay, es mucho latinos aqui

OK my Spanish is tapped.

I speak pretty decent Bahasa if we have some Indonesians lurking. I dont need google translate for that either!

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

silvers from Dick H and some local reds/mixed

3. LFchixranch

LFchixranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2013
    South Central PA
    Sir you have a lovely list of birds. As for the Dark Cornish, I plan on breeding them to the old standards, I think it was a prettier bird. Today a rabbit got in the yard and was acousted by our Cornish. It hid under the truck for a spell before it made a dash for it. When it made the dash the Cornish Roo was on its tail... Too funny to watch, like a chiuaua with a Mastiff's heart
    I am amazed at your diversity not that I should be. Keep up the great work I love watching/reading

4. hillfloweranch

hillfloweranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    Los Angeles, California
    And thus the saga if "as your egg turns"

5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

If I can get hold of some heritage cornish in the future, the hatchlings from the eggs on order will head for freezers.

For a long while i was struggling to get Australorps till i dug through the BYC pages.

New Hampshires are awesome birds but honestly, some of my selections are based on coloring or feathering. I don't want birds that a novice can mix up and cross breed. once barred rocks became available, cuckoo marans were deleted and so on.

Apart from the Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, a lone Australorp and a BCM, the rest of my wonderful mutts will all end up in the freezer once the next group are established.

6. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

exactly two weeks from now, I will be reassembling an incubator 7500 miles away and getting ready to set some fabulous eggs.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Pancholoco

Pancholoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
    So you will be on Philippines one day after Easter or 2?

8. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

i will be there Sat til Tuesday over easter.

back to work wed [​IMG]

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

10. hillfloweranch

hillfloweranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    Los Angeles, California
    friend of mine has some silkie roos she would like to sell if anyone interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by