Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. tajuano

tajuano Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2013
    Whatcom County, WA
    After reading our story for a couple days in the row( hey, there is a lot of pages to go thro) I dicided to come out of woods. So, hello.

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

hello back

welcome. it will get easier now you made it to page 110, its a work in progress,

feel free to add comments or questions

happy hatching

3. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Arent those Malay Roos really aggressive? Or am I thinking of another Breed of chicken with a similar physique? ... [​IMG] [​IMG]

deb

4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

they are from pakistan and similar to aseels. they can be aggressive thus the reason i am not keeping them

5. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

6. LFchixranch

LFchixranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2013
    South Central PA
    The Malay's are a posable donor to the present day DC.

http://poultrykeeper.com/chicken-breeds/indian-game
    Old poultry books mention crosses of this bird with Malays, Asils and many other possible breeds that eventually made up the Indian Game of today but it is still a matter for debate as there were so many exotic breeds and crosses arriving around this time, there could have been all sorts of breeds or crosses used.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL

9. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    So, i may have missed it, been away for a few days....Has Bernie seen all the hullaballoo in his honor yet?

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Mrs Oz is approaching the end of her semester with her PhD and is overwhelmed with work so she has not been out to the farm.

She did however tell Bernie over the phone and printed the images from this site so that he may see them.

He is stunned to say the least.

I will be there in 11 days and will catalog the trip with words and pictures.

Maybe I can do a 60 minutes style an interview with Bernie on youtube - LOL - we would just need a good translator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by