Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

sounds like a great project. will you butcher yourself?
time has become a real problem with school & work

so i'll have to send porky to the butcher & let them take care of it'

if i had a bit of time & a smoker

i might give it a shot

I just got a pic from Inday

Maybe we will get some eggs soon
what kind of geese ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

i have 4 from Renie at my place

she hurt her knee so she downsized some

i got 4 geese & a pair of turkey's for free

So in the first page of this you talked about getting the quarantine permits at the airport...did you have to have a vet check certificate from the usda to get that? For the hatching eggs

So in the first page of this you talked about getting the quarantine permits at the airport...did you have to have a vet check certificate from the usda to get that? For the hatching eggs

Welcome to BYC
welcome-byc.gif
from the San Diego High desert

Thank you. I'm going to visit my wifes family in Cebu , Philippines wedsnday and im afraid I didn't research enough nor leave myself enough time to accomplish what I want to to do. Which is sad really because I had a heck of a time finding eggs this time of year in alabama so now I have 2 dozen kelso, sweater and alabama Roundheads in a mixed batch and no way to get them to philippines. But oh well live and learn I guess. Next time I'll be better prepared

Thank you. I'm going to visit my wifes family in Cebu , Philippines wedsnday and im afraid I didn't research enough nor leave myself enough time to accomplish what I want to to do. Which is sad really because I had a heck of a time finding eggs this time of year in alabama so now I have 2 dozen kelso, sweater and alabama Roundheads in a mixed batch and no way to get them to philippines. But oh well live and learn I guess. Next time I'll be better prepared

Read a little further in the beginning about how Oz gets his eggs to the Philippines... Going to the Philippines is much much easier than bringing something into the US ....

Soon as Oz gets back on he may fill you in.

deb

Yea I read another post he made which had a little more information in the beginning. I'm new to all this in a way. I have taken plenty of things on airplanes I shouldn't have but nothing that would earn you more then a "bad boy" slap on the hand. I thought about just going for it philippines is fairly lax about a lot of things but the more I read the more I think poultry products and by-products they are pretty serious about. Its not worth wasting my trip dealing with fines and bribes. On that note my next trip in I want to do it the right way so if anyone can point me to a game bird breeder who can help with the paperwork I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
welcome to BYC

my wife too is from the Philippines (Romblon province)

Last edited:
Yea I read another post he made which had a little more information in the beginning. I'm new to all this in a way. I have taken plenty of things on airplanes I shouldn't have but nothing that would earn you more then a "bad boy" slap on the hand. I thought about just going for it philippines is fairly lax about a lot of things but the more I read the more I think poultry products and by-products they are pretty serious about. Its not worth wasting my trip dealing with fines and bribes. On that note my next trip in I want to do it the right way so if anyone can point me to a game bird breeder who can help with the paperwork I would greatly appreciate it.
game birds in your context are forbidden on byc - you wont find help here

i am happy to advise on anything not related to game birds

I didn't realize there was a context in the above post other then clearly stating what I wanted. I think that assuming certain things would be more likley an accurate description of what just happened. But nonetheless I have purchased a trio of lacy-hatch and they will be over as soon as the broker completes the paperwork. I appreciate the assumptions and the fact that your powers of deduction are by no means world famous by now. Considering you have worked out a scenario in which said breeders of birds would have some moral dilemma from someone simply asking to purchase birds they breed. I'll be sure and ask more ambiguous questions in the future sir. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom