Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

there is a bunch of stuff going on in that area.... 2800 dead pigs tossed in the river because of a crack down on sick pigs being used for food. Scary.....

deb

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Ikea had to stop selling its moose lasagna in europe because of pork mixed , a few months ago it was horsemeat in their meatballs.

Australians sliding kangaroo meat into BurgerKing beef exports in the 80s almost killed their export beef industry.

Between diseases and our own greediness, we get things screwed up good

3. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Nice read, just marking my place!

Scott

4. piglett

piglett Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    how could you tell people what you did for work??[​IMG]

5. el pollo rey

el pollo rey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    costa Rica
    My
    my wife also has a Extreme,,, interest in bringing ostrich eggs from the states to hatch all I can say is honey,,,,,,, Get the flock outta here !

6. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Is it easier to export eggs from Australia Oz? (I know importing is a barrel of fun)

We have Emu farms all over the place here, I used to drive past one in Bindoon all the time.

7. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

not sure about getting them out

and i would have to implicate a relative. all my resources are spent getting over to see my kids and wife. i dont have an opportunity to fly via oz

8. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

we have a deal. feed gets paid first, then bernie gets 50% of net. my 50% goes to reinvestment for now. this encourages better use of feed, less wastage and more ownership.

works the same with our copra.

he does alright

how many gardeners in the philippines can in one year, own a caribau and are paying off a honda bike on a live-in servant salary?

9. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

You could implicate me lol

If you're interested, then I don't mind having a look around, see what I can find locally for you, pending the possibility of getting the out of the country.

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

my brother in law flies into oz as a pilot with PAL, i will ask him if he wants to put them in his golf bag

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by