Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Hi

I would love to get some eggs from you. I will be back in los angeles in a week. My next official trip will be the end of may but I will try and sneak over for the long weekend over easter. I will let you know as soon as I do.
sounds good. I can check with a friend of mine to see if she has eggs too, only because I'd hate for you to come all the way out for just a few eggs..so if I can get her to add to the pile Mo'better!

big_smile.png

Well its midnight here and my day starts at five am so I have to try and get a few hours sleep.

Thanks for the support and encouragement in this endeavor. Its been a fun ride so far and its along way from over.

I will post a slew of photos as soon as I get to kabankalan in the morning.

Hopefully I will awake to a dozen wet chicks.

curious.. did you set the eggs upright in cartons at lockdown, or just lay them down normal? Curious with all the humidity there which way you went with.

Congrats on the one out! I'm eggcited for you too!!!
fl.gif

Yay Oz! I can't wait to hear how many pips/hatches you have when you wake up:) And oh how colorful your island paradise will be in a couple months with all these running around!!!

Woo hoo!!!! You have chicks!! And 20/30 is GREAT :) so egg-citing!!

I inadvertently credited lake elsinore mutts with one of yours. So its 21 in lockdown. All six blue eggs have pips. One light coloured egg hatched a gray chick!!!!

Do far we have seven peeps out with atleast 11 pips.

My daughter was amazed to see chickens. When her mother asked her where chickens come from, she said "a box" lol.

I inadvertently credited lake elsinore mutts with one of yours. So its 21 in lockdown. All six blue eggs have pips. One light coloured egg hatched a gray chick!!!!

Do far we have seven peeps out with atleast 11 pips.

My daughter was amazed to see chickens. When her mother asked her where chickens come from, she said "a box" lol.
YAY!!!! CONGRATS!! I hope they all hatch okay!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom