Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

That is the funniest thing i have read here!

With all your knowledge of chickens, that fluff ball has stumped you.
Halo must be a Silkie. Those can be extremely hard to sex unless you hear them crow or see them lay an egg. I had a Cochin that i bought as a pullet that my daughter swore she heard crowing the other day & I caught it mounting 1 of my OEGB hens in my sale pen last night. Well, guess the bird was younger than I was told it was when I got it & they had no clue what sex it was. I got it in about July with no comb at all & now it's comb is nearly as big as my other 3 roos. Guess we all misjudged THAT "pullet."

yea right! if that is so, I am moving down there with you guys!! Enough with this mortgage!   I dont count chickens just eggs :gig

My wife wants me to drive over and get that springer pup. i could potentially do a 40 hour run back collecting eggs all the way along the Iinterstate 80 corridor. Good golly I better stop thinking of the possibilities.

My mum is hooked on this thread now. When reads this she will be laughing knowing that I just may do it!!!

Mrs Oz says that if she new that I wouls have hatched so well, she would have had me carry the IVF eggs that did not work out prior to adopting. 90 bucks for an incubator verses twenty grand for a human embryo implant is a no brainer.

I have 12 ducks (SQ Runners & BQ Calls), 11 Cochin Bantams, 16 Silkies (mostly SQ), 17 OEGB, 2 SQ White Ameraucanas, 1 EE Bantam, 5 adult quail, 7 baby quail, 3 Hybrid layer hens, 1 mixed bantam layer, 6 juvenile chicks (EE & OE) growing out, 1 freshly hatched Serama & 1 freshly hatched OEGB...think that totals 83 birds at the moment if I counted everyone right without looking in the cages.

2 bators running. 1 due the 28th with 49 Rainbow layers in it, the other staggered hatch with 11 quail due 1/23-2/2 & 39 chicks (11 of mine & 28 rainbow layers) due on 2/5 that were set yesterday. I'll be setting new batches aproximately once per week until fall then I will set whatever the girls give me that is extra that the kids don't eat just to keep a few chicks on hand for the winter for the people I get calls from saying "Something just killed all my chickens, do you have any chicks/birds available"

My name is silkie sensation and i am a batorholic.

My wife is getting more ideas. I beter cut off the beer.

yea right! if that is so, I am moving down there with you guys!!

We have lots of room. We can build you a thatched roof hut next to my coop.. Just look out for falling coconuts. Just give me three days to order the nipa, fell a tree or or two for the lumber and harvest the bamboo for flooring. I will just charge ypumfor the nails.

We have lots of room. We can build you a thatched roof hut next to my coop.. Just look out for falling coconuts. Just give me three days to order the nipa, fell a tree or or two for the lumber and harvest the bamboo for flooring. I will just charge ypumfor the nails.

We will pick you up with our new red trailer. Mrs Oz wants to know what color flowers to decorate the trailer in. White is standard. Other colors are extra. A tropical flower petal shower and lei greeting will come from me.

Quote: I still refer to him as a he! brat! Just when I think he is boyish he is all girlish. I sit and watch and watch them, he gets along fine with the other big roo, and hangs with the girls and then by himself and then stands tall and then short like the girls and uggggg honestly!! I dont see roo feathering but he is different then the hens but IDK dumb bird! Halo, Bling, TwoFaced chicken of many names.

My name is silkie sensation and i am a batorholic.

My wife is getting more ideas. I beter cut off the beer.
Make sure you stop be here to get some Rainbow layers on your way back from Sally's. I'm only about 5-6 hours west of her.
gig.gif

Quote: Oh just wait till we have our next litter, I will drown you two in puppy pictures!

Quote: LOL sounds like a deal to me thats for sure!! Wait you have NAILS THERE???
gig.gif

I am in dire need of a getaway hide away, be it with chickens goats or rats! LOL I will bring a few cans and ALOT OF PEANUT BUTTER!
Quote: LOL I would have nothing other than standard! white it is!!! oh what pretty flowers are there? I am sure beautiful flowers too!

Hey OZ you could hire me to manage your Huge Poultry production Farm when your ready!!!! Where do I send my resume????

DH wants to know about safety in your area LOL

Oh just wait till we have our next litter, I will drown you two in puppy pictures!

LOL sounds like a deal to me thats for sure!! Wait you have NAILS THERE???
gig.gif

I am in dire need of a getaway hide away, be it with chickens goats or rats! LOL I will bring a few cans and ALOT OF PEANUT BUTTER!

LOL I would have nothing other than standard! white it is!!! oh what pretty flowers are there? I am sure beautiful flowers too!

Hey OZ you could hire me to manage your Huge Poultry production Farm when your ready!!!! Where do I send my resume????

DH wants to know about safety in your area LOL
Scoot over Sally! I want a hut too!!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom