Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Halo must be a Silkie. Those can be extremely hard to sex unless you hear them crow or see them lay an egg. I had a Cochin that i bought as a pullet that my daughter swore she heard crowing the other day & I caught it mounting 1 of my OEGB hens in my sale pen last night. Well, guess the bird was younger than I was told it was when I got it & they had no clue what sex it was. I got it in about July with no comb at all & now it's comb is nearly as big as my other 3 roos. Guess we all misjudged THAT "pullet."

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

My wife wants me to drive over and get that springer pup. i could potentially do a 40 hour run back collecting eggs all the way along the Iinterstate 80 corridor. Good golly I better stop thinking of the possibilities.

My mum is hooked on this thread now. When reads this she will be laughing knowing that I just may do it!!!

Mrs Oz says that if she new that I wouls have hatched so well, she would have had me carry the IVF eggs that did not work out prior to adopting. 90 bucks for an incubator verses twenty grand for a human embryo implant is a no brainer.

1 person likes this.
  3. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

My name is silkie sensation and i am a batorholic.

My wife is getting more ideas. I beter cut off the beer.

4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

We have lots of room. We can build you a thatched roof hut next to my coop.. Just look out for falling coconuts. Just give me three days to order the nipa, fell a tree or or two for the lumber and harvest the bamboo for flooring. I will just charge ypumfor the nails.

5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

We will pick you up with our new red trailer. Mrs Oz wants to know what color flowers to decorate the trailer in. White is standard. Other colors are extra. A tropical flower petal shower and lei greeting will come from me.

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

7. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Make sure you stop be here to get some Rainbow layers on your way back from Sally's. I'm only about 5-6 hours west of her. [​IMG]

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Scoot over Sally! I want a hut too!!! [​IMG]

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by