Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. 3Dchicken

3Dchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    :DDDD

2. 3Dchicken

3Dchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    WOOT! [​IMG] That is awesome!!!

3. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    [​IMG] Doing the happy chick dance for you!
    Congrads on your successful 36 fluffies! Wonderful adventure! I've been reading for weeks now, and lurking as the story was too good to interrupt!
    Onto the fun of watching them grow...for your kids and wife. Many, many pictures will be sent I presume.
    Our kids enjoyed watching our chicks grow - daily - it's been the best biology course I could have ever wanted for them. Got 7 Black Java's in the bator on day 2, 11yo son wants to candle already - he's more excited than I am I think! Thanks for sharing this incredible journey with us all....and welcome back to US. I know it's grueling to be far from family - been there before.

4. SusanRenee

SusanRenee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2012
    Hauser, ID
    Congrats! I hope my first ever hatch that's incubating right now goes as well in two weeks as yours did, and my eggs never traveled more than 2 miles!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Thanks.

I left the 36 chicks with Bernie and his big smile. He is very excited to look after our vip chicks.

I am at the Philippine airlines ticket office paying for all the changes I made in the flights. Its about 4 hours til we depart for manila.

We are taking the two kids and their nannies to manila. They will go to the Aquarium after court tomorrow and then to enchanted kingdom, a local rip off of disneyland. It should be fun for all of us.

We arranged a van with a driver for the 2 days. Its way easierthan driving and parking in that crazy city. Its about 60 dollars a day plus gas and tolls.

We gat back to our island of Negros about 10 pm on Friday. I will finish the coop fence on saturday before attending a massive carnivale style firsts called Sinulog on Saturday evening and then its parade on Sunday. I have always managed to miss this event so I am excited to get the opportunity. This time around.

1 person likes this.
  6. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Its not the distance but the journey. I am glad those eggs found their way to your incubator. We are all cheering for them. Go eggs!!!

7. OffGridMAMA

OffGridMAMA Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2012
    valley center, CA
    So what was the final breakdown of the purebreds vs mutts? Sooo happy for your 36 fuzzy butts :) planning on separating my polish for breeding this spring, so I'll have more eggs for your next trip ;)

Enjoy all that time with your family :)

8. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

The final results were 8 from 25 pure needs. 28 from 48 mutts of wichita 17 are from your eggs. Great protoplasm in those hills.

I look forward to the Polish snobd. The mixed chicks are gosh darn cute.

9. Spikes Chooks

Spikes Chooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Fantastic result in the circumstances, I think. You have a streak of perseverance, don't you? Good on you!!! I look forward to the photos of all the chicks and your next exciting instalment.

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

By your username and the use of " good on you", I had out pegged as an Aussie.

I am just another aussie. Battler. A narabeen boy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by