Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Here are the plans I am working on...........

Of course I will need more if all the eggs hatch
wee.gif
Nice layout OZ.... LOL I see you have nest boxes for the guineas..... Bwhahahahah.... ahem er.... good luck on that.... Mine play football with their eggs that are randomly layed about the pen.

This is what I want to build for nest boxes. The video also shows how the gang is called in by using a bell. If you use a bell at feed time in just a few days they learn to come a runnin.... Helpful for those of us who free range over several acres.

This video is part of a whole series on Guineas.... Very good and fun to watch.

deb

Nice layout OZ.... LOL I see you have nest boxes for the guineas..... Bwhahahahah.... ahem er.... good luck on that.... Mine play football with their eggs that are randomly layed about the pen.

This is what I want to build for nest boxes. The video also shows how the gang is called in by using a bell. If you use a bell at feed time in just a few days they learn to come a runnin.... Helpful for those of us who free range over several acres.

This video is part of a whole series on Guineas.... Very good and fun to watch.

deb
the nest boxes were for the chickens that will be in there. I was going to leave some sheets of tin for Guineas to lay under - and the plan is to let the guineas out after lunch - I am told they lay in the mornings..................... we;ll see

2 hours into day 20

5 hatched
2 Kevs Mystery Eggs
1 Jersey Giant
1 Andalusian (HFR has her first immigrant
wee.gif
)
1 Bresse

4 of the hatched are socal eggs

1 more of kev's is zipping
1 BBS Orp zipping

13 pipped that can be seen

the shipped eggs need to get a move on!!!

330 am time for a nap.

Bernie will hit the sack soon so no more updates unless he sleeps on the bator and needs to get up to pee.

9 out

A Golden Sebright banty and a second bbs orp joined the world as immigrants.

6 hours into day 20.

if we dont get some plymouth rock and rhode island reds zipping soon i will get concerned. they started pipping 12 hrs ago. still new ones are pipping so its certainly not over in those baskets. lavender and buff orps, as well as australorps marans and seramas are no shows so far.

Back
Top Bottom