Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Quote: for what its worth those are made by Thermal forming process. They can be made at a rate of dozens per sheet of plastic in about one or two seconds each. Major cost is the plastic because the tooling has an end of life in the hundreds of thousands per year. Very inexpensive because PVC is.

If they cost eight cents to you then they probably cost a half a cent to make..... maybe less

Just looked it up and they cost probably less than .0001 cents to make. Because you can buy them for .001 cents if you buy 50,000 of them at a time.
deb

Last edited:
these btw are 25p or 60 cents

210034527_0024391620015597255f4f90412b13603b2ed203f82393f59295e472c9.jpg

we get ripped off for plastic items in usa
Yes we do its all the "regulations" we have to follow. Again if the at the end you pay 60 cents a piece who ever is making it is making a profit selling it for 1 cent a piece. These are injection molded probably with vacuum assist. Inexpensive tooling ..... Probably at the rate of several thousand an hour. per injection mold machine.

I designed molds for both processes here in the US. Once the molds were set up they went to production houses. Any job that required manufacturing more than 10000 per year went overseas. Where the labor is cheap and they have no "regulations" they have to adhere to.

deb

Quote: Most of the high production injection mold and thermal form houses were moved over seas some time ago. This represents a rip off far beyond price. Below is a website that is stunning in a Slap up side of the head with a shovel stunning way.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/542230549/plastic_egg_cartons.html?s=p

And here in the US at least in California they are making it illegal to have plastic bags in the grocery stores. Because of an island formed of plastic in the Pacific. Sigh We pay the price..... but We are not the sole contributors. I guarantee it.

deb "Who apologizes if this turned into a soap box issue.... sigh"

Most of the high production injection mold and thermal form houses were moved over seas some time ago. This represents a rip off far beyond price. Below is a website that is stunning in a Slap up side of the head with a shovel stunning way.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/542230549/plastic_egg_cartons.html?s=p

And here in the US at least in California they are making it illegal to have plastic bags in the grocery stores. Because of an island formed of plastic in the Pacific. Sigh We pay the price..... but We are not the sole contributors. I guarantee it.

deb "Who apologizes if this turned into a soap box issue.... sigh"
those egg cartons on alibaba are cheap. now if i just had 500000 dozen eggs to sell

the purple flat above sells for 3 bucks here. maybe i could bring a hundred back and sell them on ebay

Quote: LOL.... Quantity pricing is stunning isnt it. I was just using that as an illustration as to how little it costs to make them.

Yep for a sixty buck investment you could make quite a bit of feed money.

I wonder if you'd make more profit on the clear cartons though. You could pack more in your Golf bag too. 5 cents.... Naw on Ebay those are going for six cents per hundred..... never mind on that.

deb

Wow.

I went through those prices, pretty tempting actually.

$500 outlay for 500,000 units. I am pretty sure I could sell those and make a tidy profit..."Hmmm now do I want to risk $500 to china?" hahahaha.

After almost losing it at 2:30 am - our dear Bernie has a habit of letting me know we run out of supplies as we run out rather than a few days before. 50 bags od cement and 170 lengths of rebar on their way - I awoke to a txt message saying the G1 marked eggs are pipping.

G1 = guinea fowl group 1. they are 4 days early and 14 of 28 are pipped within 3 hrs of each other. No sign of the G2 pipping but on candling there are 12 viable G2. It amazes me how this can happen with a breed from one supplier while the others are normal times.

....I heard on NPR yesterday about the dreadful air and water pollution problems in China making people sick.
It comes from unregulated manufacturing.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom