Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Its all quiet across the pacific with the poultry.

I will get more photos this weekend.

I am looking forward to getting a visual update on the birds, coops and fence.

On the adoption front, Mrs Oz was in court yesterday to watch the DSWD social worker testify and submit the recommendation for us to be the adoptive parents. This is the second to the last step. Now we have to wait on the judges final decision. We are told that he is supposed to render his decision within 60 days but our lawyer says that he will take 90-120 days.

We are praying for an awesome Christmas present.

1 person likes this.
  2. piglett

piglett Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    sounds good OZ
    so they said 60 days but you know that is "Philippine days"
    which are not the same as what we use in the rest of the world....been there done that[​IMG]

best of luck
    piggy & marily

3. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

thanks pig and marily

In indonesia we call it jam karet. it means rubber time

our lawyer will gently prod the clerk of courts each week.

4. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Second to last, is one step closer.

Fingers crossed it goes smooth and fast mate.

5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

now its just the judge signing off, new birth certificates and immigration

to usa that could be 2 extra years

i will make the kids Aussies first then seppos.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sweetpea3829

Sweetpea3829 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    That's awesome, Oz. Then you have to apply for US Citizenship on their behalf, yes?

We just went through the naturalization process for my husband, who's lived in this country for all but 3 of his years...lol. It was an absolute nightmare and this was our second time applying. He was denied the first time, five years ago, because of a technicality. He was a bit mischevious as a youth, and that came back to haunt him during the process. We didn't think they'd give it to him. They made us track down records from 1987, from when he was a juvenile!

In the end, though...he just received his letter today, informing him that he has an oath ceremony in September. YAAAY!!!

Hopefully your dealings with USCIS will be more smooth than ours. Should be, given that they're children!

7. ChickenFox

ChickenFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2013
    West Virginia
    [​IMG] Hope it's less than 60 days!

8. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Because of the likes of Madonna and Angelina Jolie, the ISCIS changed the rules for international adoptions that were done in the foreign country. They now give green cards ONLY after 2 years of legal custody - which starts when the judge signs off. Its outrageous but its to prevent people trying to circumvent the Hague Convention and child trafficking.

The odds of getting tourist visas for the kids from the Philippines are very low so theoretically we would have to wait out another 2 years.

My plan is to use my Australian citizenship and make them Aussie residents. I will then apply for tourist visas to the USA from Australia which should be a formality. Provided they leave the USA every six months, it should work but it will take 4 or 5 months.

Once the 2 years is up, we can then apply for US residency.

They will eventually end up with 3 passports.

As soon as we get Filipino passports, I am going to take "paternity leave" for a month and sort it all out - with a trip to Bali in the middle.

9. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Here's hoping for a quick signing, Oz!

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

thanks

We are just happy the 2.5 year ordeal with DSWD is over. That was supposed to be about 8 months.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by