Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I have caught up! Been on a chicken hiatus
Due to my dogs going on a killing spree. Of course it was right after I posted how good they were with them. Most of my blues were taken, my royal palm hen, a cuckoo Maran and my 1 special CLR hen :-( I have been depressed about it for days and not sure what to do at this point. I am tired.

Due to my dogs going on a killing spree. Of course it was right after I posted how good they were with them. Most of my blues were taken, my royal palm hen, a cuckoo Maran and my 1 special CLR hen :-( I have been depressed about it for days and not sure what to do at this point. I am tired.
Oh heather!

I am so sorry for all you have been through.

I am here for you.

Can I give you a ccl hen?

hugs.gif
I'm sorry.
sad.png
Even though my dog looks at my chickens like they're dinner so far when she's escaped the house or her run she hasn't tried to eat them yet. I've been lucky because she's a dog with a strong hunting instinct. Just ask the neighborhood wild rabbits and our neighbors annoying cats. She hasn't killed a cat yet though. There are lots of trees for them to climb.
wink.png

:hugs I'm sorry.
sad.png
Even though my dog looks at my chickens like they're dinner so far when she's escaped the house or her run she hasn't tried to eat them yet. I've been lucky because she's a dog with a strong hunting instinct. Just ask the neighborhood wild rabbits and our neighbors annoying cats. She hasn't killed a cat yet though. There are lots of trees for them to climb.
wink.png
Thank you it's been kind of horrible. Poor Alex found a few of them, sad part is they were the ones I planned for to take to fair next week. I think we need a road trip to somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
Thank you it's been kind of horrible. Poor Alex found a few of them, sad part is they were the ones I planned for to take to fair next week. I think we need a road trip to somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

I am sorry to hear this my friend :( you can road trip to my house :) and take home some chickens Lol.... thought of you yesterday as were driving home from new Mexico.. tons of jeeps out on the desert.

When we lost the Guineas to the feral cat I was shocked. I really did not think I had any real predators. It was a lesson to learn that one minute you think you are all set, next minute you can be wiped out. I was fortunate that they only got 3. I hope I still have hens and roosters left though in the white.

Back
Top Bottom