Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozexpat, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Thanks for the support. I am glad you persisted.

Enjoy your daughter and your new chickens.

Ben's thread is a great read. I hope to get over to his chicken-dom in the next year but I look forward to meeting him on the chicken mission.
  2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I made it home!

Close to 70 wonderful eggs.

Thanks to y'all that parted with your precious ova! I will hand them off to Bernie with pomp and circumstance.
    1 person likes this.
  3. OffGridMAMA

OffGridMAMA Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2012
    valley center, CA
    Puts a smile on my face every time I think of my chicken babies in the PI ;) hope your trip goes great my friend. Say hello to Mrs Oz for me!
  4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Your blue layers are going to get a romantic little coop with the BCM roo next week to see if we can make some olive eggers
    1 person likes this.
  5. joannefiddler

joannefiddler Chillin' With My Peeps

4 Australorp pullets I purchased (suppose to be ~14 wks) and then from a generous local BYC member (kaybee123): Golden Laced Cochin pullet and cockerel (~11 wks), an Olive Egger (~9 wks), a legbar (~9wks), 3 EE's (~5wks) and a Salmon Fav whose age escapes me. I've converted a couple of old horse stalls into coop with attached run. Will keep the little ones in a large dog crate inside the coop until they are old enough to all get along. Creating a melting pot in the FL panhandle!
  6. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome anytime, we are pretty close to the airport here, just holler out.

Plans are coming together for the chicken mission at my end, getting bigger than Ben Hurr, but moving forward.
  7. Roxannemc

Roxannemc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    Who told you river sand? Wrong. May be cheaper but can have all sorts of pollutants in it from animal feces to chemicals ..Play sand is the cleanest. so don't worry. you did good
    Well dry is good..... but it will dry shortly if its hot as it is here where you are..
  8. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

i guess it depends on where your river is. I lived on river water for many years. Something to consider I guess
  9. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

10. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

may the decision be wise deb

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by