Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Thanks Next week I will know one way or another....
hide.gif

deb

I am hoping for door A

Our thoughts are with you

Oz, I just found your "diary"! How fantastic and what a read! I'm only up to page 22 and have every intention of reading ALL of your past posts (well.. with the exception of the double or triple ones
wink.png
)
Many thanks for sharing your adventure
clap.gif

Oz, I just found your "diary"! How fantastic and what a read! I'm only up to page 22 and have every intention of reading ALL of your past posts (well.. with the exception of the double or triple ones
wink.png
)
Many thanks for sharing your adventure
clap.gif
only 480 pages to catch up.

better get a move on!! lol

welcome to the trials and tribulations of a man with crazy ideas with a wife that lets him try to make those dreams a reality

...............................................what a shame our climate wont support bees
lau.gif

Pigs 4-6 developed scours late Sunday. They were treated quickly with Agrimycin injections and Lincomycin and electrolytes in their water. I have not been using prophylactic antibiotics as I did not have any scours in pigs 1-3. The poops were much less this morning so it looks like they are controlled.
We used "Sure-Gel" in the milk for our bottle calves to stop scours, a little Karo Syrup on the nipple to get them started sucking

only 480 pages to catch up.

better get a move on!! lol

welcome to the trials and tribulations of a man with crazy ideas with a wife that lets him try to make those dreams a reality

...............................................what a shame our climate wont support bees
lau.gif

480 pages... bet they'll be a more interesting read than most. Bless both you AND your wife!!

So Ameracuana (or Easter Egger...understanding that technically, they are different breeds) can lay blue, green, or pink, yes? Is there any way to tell which hen will lay which color? Is the gene for egg color represented somehow on the colors of the bird?

Gosh, that sounds like a stupid question...I'm not really sure I'm asking it correctly. But of my three Ameracuana hens (they may be EE, I'm not really sure), one has a very dark head, one has a very light head, and one has a medium color head. I have no idea which hen laid these eggs.

Look for a pea comb. Pea comb genes are linked to the blue egg gene. That is about 99% of the time. You can get a single comb that lays a blue egg but it takes a lot of breeding to do it.

Back
Top Bottom