Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

thumbsup.gif

Hi, we just met...but I feel I know you already hahahaha

A Sandgroper checking in. I thought the Aussies on here were thin on the ground, but after 88 pages I saw a few come out of the wood work.

I laughed pretty hard at the Tom Vs Oz-leg battle,
am jealous of your coop-deluxe. Nicer than many island homes I have seen up your way. The joy's of so much local material.

and, I would love to sling an internet high 5 to Bernie, his shovel and his new found chicken husbandry duties!

I thought my introduction/story thread was long at 6 pages, this one take the cake!

All the best Oz, I will be sure to check back in to stay in the loop with the Phil's being populated with imported breeds. Feel free to visit my families little adventure sometime.

Cheers, Ben

Hi, we just met...but I feel I know you already hahahaha

A Sandgroper checking in. I thought the Aussies on here were thin on the ground, but after 88 pages I saw a few come out of the wood work.

I laughed pretty hard at the Tom Vs Oz-leg battle,
am jealous of your coop-deluxe. Nicer than many island homes I have seen up your way. The joy's of so much local material.

and, I would love to sling an internet high 5 to Bernie, his shovel and his new found chicken husbandry duties!

I thought my introduction/story thread was long at 6 pages, this one take the cake!

All the best Oz, I will be sure to check back in to stay in the loop with the Phil's being populated with imported breeds. Feel free to visit my families little adventure sometime.

Cheers, Ben
will do Ben, thanks.

Your brooder is awesome by the way.

Last edited:
what a fun site... I have to say the picture are beautiful of the island. the chicken talk so much fun. I swore I wouldn't hatch this year. (way to many chickens. Well the hatch alongs have started. And so have I.
I need a AA group for hatching.... love every minute of it. Saint Patty hatch here I come...
keep the chat go love it
welcome!

And then I find myself ordering 5000 meal worms to start a farm, cause I love to watch em play chicken rugby.

After seeing the awesome coops Oz and others have made on this site, I am now borrowing a friends pickup on a regular basis to go scrounge pallets and other materials for the future coop project, (40 pallets and 2 shipping crates so far. Picking up some walk-in Refer panels today.
hide.gif
).
sounds like a mega coop is planned.

And then I find myself ordering 5000 meal worms to start a farm, cause I love to watch em play chicken rugby.

After seeing the awesome coops Oz and others have made on this site, I am now borrowing a friends pickup on a regular basis to go scrounge pallets and other materials for the future coop project, (40 pallets and 2 shipping crates so far. Picking up some walk-in Refer panels today.
hide.gif
).
oooh that all sounds good to me
i go up to the dump to get most of my goodies
that is how i built most of my 10'x12' coop last year :)
including a 1 1/2" plank floor
i probably have $50 into the whole thing including paint & hinges & windows

good luck
piglett
wolfeboro,nh

Last edited:
Here is an email conversation between me and a very famous supplier:

<[email protected]>
Feb 8
to xxxxxxxx
Good evening
I would like to purchase some Giant Jersey hatching eggs. I would prefer the black variety. I also am in need of 24 barred rocks.
Ideally I would like 24 eggs of each variety.
They would have to be mailed on a Monday, March 25 and the eggs would need to be no more than 2 days old when mailed.
Could you accommodate such an order?
Kind regards

xxxxxks-usa.net>

Feb 9

C:\DOCUME~1\MARK~1.RAF\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

to me

Sending eggs on Monday March 25th would not be a problem. I have only White Jersey Giant to sell at this time. xxxxx

Feb 9
to me
You must have missed understood me or I wrote it wrong. I have lots of Barred Rock eggs. I can send you two dozen White Jersey Giants and Barred Rocks eggs anytime. Send a check to
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Send your order, Mailing Address, Email Address and phone number
Barred Rock eggs are xx dollars a dozen and White Jersey Giant Eggs are xx dollars a dozen. To ship 4 dozen eggs would be xx dollars
Thanks xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Feb 28 (5 days ago)
to xxxxxxxxxx
I sent a check with an order for 2 doz barred rocks and 2 doz white Jersey Giants eggs about 10 days ago but it has not been cashed, have you received it?
xxxxxxxxxxx
Feb 28 (5 days ago)
to me
Yes I received it. I hope to get your eggs sent Monday. We have had to blizzards back to back and that has stop shipping. xxxxxxxxxx
mark raffaele <[email protected]>
Feb 28 (5 days ago)
to xxxx
hi
Monday March 25th is the send date. i just wanted to make sure you got it
thanks. i am excited to raise your famous breed l
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
12:09 PM (9 minutes ago)
to me
xxxx I shipped your hatching eggs yesterday. Should be there tomorrow or Thursday. Please let me know. xxxx

What am I going to do with these eggs??? They will hatch while I am 27000 feet above sea level.

Back
Top Bottom