Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Well you have always been the ultimate problem solver,and I had no doubt you would solve this one...I am sorry you had the stress of it though..Your life still remains one big adventure..lol

@leoneruth

Thanks Mum. I'm still an Aussie battler at heart! Our adventure is a walk in the park compared to you and dad working that farm without help.

Inday (Mrs Oz) is of to kabankalan to pick up the new groundsman and his five year old daughter. The wife and the three year old will follow tomorrow as they are on the island of Panay visiting relatives and will rerun tonight. Panay is just an hour by ferry away.

We have a gazillion Muscovy duckings so we will be able to provide pato to our workers. I want about 15 ducks and 3 drakes producing a duck or two w week on average for slaughter.

Grow out pen one was leaking and muddy inside so those chickens are emptying their new digs.

Bernie then Dominic were storing the 1.5 tonnes of feed in sacks on the concrete floor so I am building a pallet (no free ones here) to elevate the feed in case water gets in.

I set eggs last night. I have a pressure washer I will post a picture of when I next get to town (could be a while) that I have to assemble. I want to pressure wash the bathroom of the bachelors quartets for Bernie. It's disgusting how 20 something men live.

It looks like we rode out the excitement. Ibuprofen has become my second best friend (after Inday). Vicodin would push her off BFF status of I had some lol.

The nannies arrived with the kids. Manang Soonie (Asuzana) has removed me from the kitchen and Manang Margie has the kids at the beach. I have thirty minutes before I get back to work.

The new couple are high school graduates which means they can read and write illongo and know a few words of English.

They came to us through the sister in law of Manang Soonie. He is 35. I am not sure about the wife.

They are from Soonie's home town on there Road to Bacolod. They have no home and have only been getting rare work. They have been living with the local govt unit (Barangay) captain. O expect them to arrive with little.

We have clothes ready for the kids. Overalls and t shirts for the dad. Mom will get three pairs of scrubs for when she works the house and we will get her gardening clothes. As with the previous families we also supply shoes and school uniforms for the kids.

A sack of rice. Salt, soy sauce, fish sauce, cooking oil, and other items that are needed but add up when one moves home are ready

The new couple are high school graduates which means they can read and write illongo and know a few words of English.

They came to us through the sister in law of Manang Soonie. He is 35. I am not sure about the wife.

They are from Soonie's home town on there Road to Bacolod. They have no home and have only been getting rare work. They have been living with the local govt unit (Barangay) captain. O expect them to arrive with little.

We have clothes ready for the kids. Overalls and t shirts for the dad. Mom will get three pairs of scrubs for when she works the house and we will get her gardening clothes. As with the previous families we also supply shoes and school uniforms for the kids.

A sack of rice. Salt, soy sauce, fish sauce, cooking oil, and other items that are needed but add up when one moves home are ready
It's good to see that you did find a famialy that you know of. At 35 he should be over the 'I'm young and dumb & full of ****e" I hope.
Best wishes OZ!!

Fantastic
thumbsup.gif

Today was a much better day. I recruited the laborer from the coop construction to do the resupplying of feed for the chickens. He did in ten minutes what takes me an hour. Oh to be twenty again.

We got the feed of the floor so tomorrow I can pressure wash. I want everything spotless to set a standard for Bernie to keep.

I just have the eggs to turn and pigs to feed and it's just 3pm. Dinner is even cooked!

Rollito is setting up his new TV. His daughter Scarlett played with the kids in the playhouse before their afternoon nap.

We just may be over the hump.

A huge part of the Philippine GDP comes from remittances from overseas workers. Each weekend ATM machines have massive lines as people await the deposit of money by their family members.

In small towns they don't have ATM but pawn shops that dole out money sent "padala". Today we needed to front the wife of Rollito the money to return from the neighboring island. We sent 500 pesos ($12) for the ferry and bus from the local pawn shop for 45 cents.

She should be back on island tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom