Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I have found that a single bag of turkey food gives them a boost when moulting. It will also reduce feather picking if protein is needed.

Hey Oz - got 5 legbar eggs yesterday!!

They had stopped laying for a while after Racoons ripped the wire off from an edge of the coop (literally). Lost 4 hens :( , 2 of whom had only just started laying.
woohoo

they are back!

Oz do chickens moult here in the Philippines, I dont see any sign of it and mine are a year old ow
mine molt in October. The slight decrease in daylight hours triggers it.

you must have either fot lucky or had birds that were not yet laying.

I am not a fan of over doing it with protein. I switch to an 18% proteine feed regimen for a month.

Last edited:
We have moved into High Alert with pig watch 2015..

For those who remember me getting faked out by our first pig that farrowed with her dates, well, she is doing it again. She is due today. Last time she was 8 days late. I have a feeling she is not going to give up piglets today. She is just not ready.

Then we have pig 5 who looks like she is going to deliver before her sister, pig 6. Pig 5 is not due untill the 19th and pig 6 is due tomorrow.

I guess they will deliver when they do.

I had to postpone the day olds that were due to ship today as we cant risk Dodong being away for most of the day. Atleast we have 100 chicks that will now be sold as 3 week olders at 50% more than day olds.

With all the coop sorting and sales, We actually have 2 emplty coops and 4 brroders.

Catching up....wow oz full fledged chickeness going on. So happy for you. Be well my friend. Have had a most trying year but getting back in to the swing of chickens and turkeys. My Thoroughbred is due this summer will keep you posted

Back
Top Bottom