Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

@PhageIn deed they are difficult to sex.

2 pullets are obvious.

They will turn 12 weeks on Saturday.

@ozexpat
Hows the duck eggs? Do they hatch already?
Im excited what would be the color combination of the ducklings. Lol

Last edited:
I agree. they are not a rooster till they start crowing.

the pen has a white Ameraucana, a lavender Ameraucana and a black copper Marans roo along with a mix of colors in hens.

rose combs should be most common and there are a couple of girls laying blue eggs in there that have black rose combs.
The Araucana/Americana blue/green egg gene is dominant. If the hens have 2 copies of that gene, 100% of their daughters will lay blue/green eggs.
However with a Marans in the mix, the generation after that may not all lay the blue/green egg.

xxx M

OZ,

Yep, I'm still here fighting the COPD and the humidity until my dehumidifiers arrive. I almost have my coops done. A lttle slow sometimes when I get over-ruled by the honey do list.
th.gif

Glad things are going well for you. I plan on being in that list of shipments soon.

If we are lucky maybe we will get some rain soon. They are starting to talk about water rationing to go along with the daily power outages.

Jimmy

fun times here

we witnessed a great wedding. Lorenzo was very charming and teamed with Toni to provide side amusement.

lots of drinking at the reception - I am too old and wise to go past my very moderate limit - and probably some serious hang overs.

Mrs oz renewed her just expired drivers license on Wednesday morning while I ran around the city.

on the way home she was pulled over by a "crack down task force" and given a ticket for ME not wearing a seatbelt. rather ironic because most vehicles fine even have them or have tinted windows so dark you can't see in through the windshield. there were 100 trucks, cars and bikes all pulled over before the stop as they were not compliant for something.

the trafficking cop confiscated her brand new license and she has a temp permit to drive for three days. she has to pay a fine at the LTO office in that town to collect her license.

a Major inconvenience but as we refuse to pay bribes on the spot, its OK.

*** eta that it was me not wearing the seatbelt

Last edited:
its dry as a chip here though the humidity is still 75+%

I am hoping for rain. the el niño turns us into a Savannah type climate with drought conditions. none of the flora is set up to handle long periods of no rain. a dry month is 2 inches. we have had 1/2" since mid January.

the little red trailer is getting a hardwood 1*6 floor today. an incubator is getting new fans.

the kids are playing in the sprinkler following seeing it on a TV shows. I pulled the sprinkler out of storage and am trying to keep a few plants alive.

the egg count is back on the rise. we still need to hatch more as currently orders are depleting inventory faster than we are producing.

Back
Top Bottom