Getting two girls together!!

crimsonmama

Chirping
Jan 2, 2017
Heya! So, my situation has been getting better. Managed to rehome a few males. I decided to 'reward' my super tame cuddly male Tan by letting him have some females. Originally was going to keep a bachelor pad but didnt work out as they started injuring each other and had to separate them all. Anyways I have my outdoor aviary which had six females to one male. But the male injured one female, Skittles, so she is currently healing (just waiting for feather regrowth now). I decided to take out another female so my cuddly male Tan is with her and the other one (Skittles) is next to them so they can get used to each other. However the female with Tan attacks Skittles if put together! They are sisters raised together and were fine before separating when Skittles got injured. It's been about a week now (separated by wire). When or how can i get them to be good together???

Oh ps should add these are Coturnix Quail....

Last edited:
Honestly, some girls just don't get on, and they can be nasty about it. If it's been a week and she's still being horrid to Skittles you may have to try a different female. She sounds like she'd do better in a larger group of girls, rather than just having poor Skittles to pick on. I'll never understand birds and their pecking orders!

So strange!!! You were totally right. I just put another female (ChiChi) with Skittles and instantly fine together! Tried Brownie (the original) again but nope she instantly dislikes both ChiChi and Skittles! So she is now back outside in the outside Aviary! The other females are not too impressed but hopefully they will adapt as she used to live there a week ago!
And ChiChi is my fave female from my incubated batch so I'm pleased to have her in the indoor (more spoiled) aviary! AND she just laid an egg too! She's 9 weeks old same as the others but is bigger and plumper so I guess they mature at different rates as none of my other 9 weeks old are laying yet.

Glad you got it sorted. I do enjoy having some of ours inside. They are sweet birds (other than when they decide they don't like each other)!

Back
Top Bottom