Getuclu4u is me!

View attachment 1581170 my real name is Brent and my wife, Mary and I live outside of Plain City, Ohio in Darby township. We started raising chickens with our neighbors this last March with 10 chickens, 1 Easter egger, 3 Brahmas’, 2 each of Buff Orpington, Rhode Island Reds and Plymouth Rocks. All are doing well and we get about 7 eggs a day. We started with a small coop designed for 10. 10 miniature chickens I think and we expanded to a summer chalet and a winter chalet with 2 runs for fun. We built our retirement, vacation home on a 1 1/2 wooded lot and enjoy cooking, bbq’ing, golfing and entertaining. We share our home with our 2 dogs and a cat and have 2 married daughters.
Hi there:frowBrent and Mary. welcome to BYC. Just popping in to say I love that photo.
Perfect golden light on that happy flock.

Hi Brent / Mary and welcome to our community. Please make yourself at home here with us.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Welcome to Backyard Chickens.
I am new here too :)
Love your wee black and white mottled - she likes the camera :)
I know what you mean by 'fits 10 chickens' ...
Mine is a kitset - see below pic. Supposedly 3-4 chickens - Bantams maybe.
Chicken coop pic for Hellen.png
These are my two girls, Lulu and Tilly - got them two Saturdays ago. Am a first time chicken owner.
Outside the door 2.jpg
When I am at home they get to free range on the whole property. So far they have laid an egg a day each - which they love scrambled.
Cheers,
Sue

Back
Top Bottom