Ghetto Coop/Run

obxWaMi

Songster
10 Years
Sep 27, 2009
OBX, NC (Roanoke Island)
They say that desperate times call for desperate measures. Well, things got desperate today. DH, Wayne, and our friend, Stephen, decided to introduce our new rescue chicken, Lucky, to the girls today while I was at work. Things did not go very well. Lucky has a few pecked places on her. We had to build something for her in a hurry. SO..... I converted our trampoline into a run and a rubbermaid tote into a singles coop.

42000_dscn0801.jpg

The wire is left over chicken wire that we doubled by folding it over. We used tent stakes to secure the bottom edge of it to the ground and the top edge is secured to the frame of the trampoline with bale wire. Her coop has several bricks in the bottom to weight it and pine shavings to make her comfortable.
We are expecting a good deal of rain over the next few days so I'm sure we will have to tarp the whole thing, but for tonight she is resting comfortably.

hope she's safe from predators out there. I'd bring her in tonite tote and all. Thats a nice daytime run tho. You prob dont even have to tent stake it to keep her enclosed. And of course the tent stakes prob wont keep anything OUT anyway. Just dont wanna see her luck run out. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom