1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ghosts caught on camera! **pics**

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by starforever61, Aug 17, 2009.

1. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Ah dang, I was so hoping for a neat ghost... but PC and holly are right. Water or dust or something like that.

2. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:thats what i call them too i have tons of pictures not on the computer unfortunately with those in them.

3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Quote:Now I'd call THAT a ghost. But on camera? Nope for me.

4. starforever61

starforever61 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2009
    Quote:Then why didn't it show up in any of the other pictures that were taken at the same time? Those pictures were taken weeks apart, and one was even taken with my mom's camera, not mine. Also, why did it only show up when my mom was in it?

Here's a picture taken right after it:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  5. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Quote:Then why didn't it show up in any of the other pictures that were taken at the same time? Those pictures were taken weeks apart, and one was even taken with my mom's camera, not mine. Also, why did it only show up when my mom was in it?

No idea about your mom, but that IS dust. It shows up in some pics and not others because it's moving around all the time from wind and breath and whatever else.

6. Holly O

Holly O Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    Wow. Not really sure what to think But I like the idea of a Guardian angel so lets go with that! ....lol

7. starforever61

starforever61 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2009

No idea about your mom, but that IS dust. It shows up in some pics and not others because it's moving around all the time from wind and breath and whatever else.

even in the house? i don't know, maybe you're right. i'm gonna do an experiment tonight to see. i'll take a pic of my mom, then one of me in the same spot. hmmm...

8. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    I had a coworker doing a walkathon for cancer and there were ALOT of spirits at the walkathon.

9. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    I had a similar thing happen with my pics while rehabbing an old historic iron workers house. The orbs started showing up in pics taken with 3 different cameras, as we started demoing the place. I have a really cool pic of one going up the stair case,half behind a post. Even more peaking out from behind the chimney in the basement. My camera as well as my pics were sent to the Kodak film school.(the job was for the state & they wanted to disprove any ghost theory,because there have already been claims made by people that had stayed there.The building was a rental cabin) They never offered a valid explanation.I was told to drop it! We even tried adding saw dust to the air to re create the shot, It didn't work. What we did manage to do was disprove any theories as to what they were. I'll see if I can find my pics,there on cd. I've read that there has been studies on such things,& they contain positive neutrons that can be read with a meter.There is a gent by the name of Girchberg that invented a lens that's going to revolutionize the way we see threw telescopes & microscopes. It uses a liquid crystal lens that allows us to determine the energy in the hydrogen bond. Basically we can view any thing with out killing it or causing damage to it. For example most viruses die as soon as they are removed from there host. They can now be viewed live. It's also gonna revolutionize space study...The theory behind orbs, are that they are balls of energy. When something dies does it's energy just die with it? Not according to science.....PS there's one on the bezel of the laptop too in your pic........Keep an open mind & you never know what you'll discover.

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    That first pic shows a significant orb, starforever.....I wouldn't say that was a dust particle. But that's my opinion. And I do have an open mind. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by