Giddy from Australia

Ozchick222

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 8, 2014
QLD. Australia
I've been reading avidly here and have found the site so helpful. I've just started out with 3 Araucanas 11,9 & 7 weeks old( as they are called in Australia.. similar to Ameracaunas) and 2 Barneveldas 9 weeks old. Thanks everyone for all your help full information. I'm now off to find a thread to see if my eldest could be a roo.
Cheers Ozchick

frow.gif

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your birds!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

G'day - welcome to backyard chickens. You could always give us a look at your bird and we can let you know what we think. Or post at "what breed or gender is this." Did you know there is an aussie thread called "Australia, six states and one funny little island. Many aussies on board here - always room for more.

G'day, and welcome to BYC, Ozchick. Glad you decided to join our flock. Most of what is marketed by hatcheries in America as Ameraucanas (often misspelled as Americana or Americauna) are actually Easter Eggers and not true Ameraucanas, and I suspect the same is true of the Araucanas in Australia as true Araucanas are rare and have tailless rumps. There is a good article at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html explaining the difference between Araucanas, Ameraucanas, and Easter Eggers. Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves the different colored eggs that they lay. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom