Gifted a goat, fencing issue due to frozen ground

cmcjmathews

Chirping
Mar 23, 2018
Hello,
My youngest daughter is being gifted a goat.... only problem we have is with fencing. The ground is frozen where we live so we cannot put up new fencing.
How can we keep the goat contained until the ground thaws?

Hello,
My youngest daughter is being gifted a goat.... only problem we have is with fencing. The ground is frozen where we live so we cannot put up new fencing.
How can we keep the goat contained until the ground thaws?
If you have any access to old pallets a pallet type pen can work well. They're pretty heavy, which helps keep them together. You could also look into some hog panel pens.

I agree with the above. Have you got the goat right now? Have you kept them before? Is it male or female?
We are to get the goat tomorrow and we have not had goats before, we have chickens ducks and rabbits but the chicken run is not big enough to include a goat. We are being gifted a female Nigerian dwarf.

Two words; Cattle Panels.
aka, the greatest invention since baled hay.

Also, while it is possible to keep just one goat, that goat will need as much attention as a dog. Goats NEED company, they are loud, unhappy and their physical health suffers. Wethers (nuetered male goats) are cheap and easy to find. Nigerian wethers are more expensive as they're in higher demand as pets, but strapping big dairy wethers can be trained to pull a garden cart, which is just as fun as it sounds.

Skip to 1 minute

Back
Top Bottom