GIGANTIC egg

3cutechicks

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 11, 2009
Newbury Park, CA
A couple weeks ago I had a tiny little egg from one chicken. Today I got a huge egg from Cinderella, her half sister who is an Americauna. I weighed one her other eggs and it weighed 1.5 oz. The huge egg weighs 2.5 oz. It had to hurt. Did I do something wrong or was she backed up waiting for her step sister to get out of the nesting box?
ep.gif

My ameracauna's lay very large eggs too and I've even had a few double yolkers from them. Was your egg a double? One of mine started off with small eggs then went to doubles for maybe four or five eggs then just started laying BIG eggs. Some of them are so big they won't let the lid on an egg carton close. Really great birds though!

My leghorns lay the hugest eggs. Some have been double yolkers & they're not the biggest chickens in the flock. I also have some huge orpingtons who lay a smaller egg than that. I don't know how those leghorns get those things out. Ouch! They look like they would hurt. I bet they're very relieved when it's over.

ep.gif

I don't know if there is a double or not. I don't want to crack it because I love to show the people that come over. The carton cant close at all. it is twice the size.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom