Ginger is settling in! ***pics***

Rusty Hills Farm

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Up at the barn
For those of you who may be wondering what happened to the horses Spring Chickens offered for adoption on here back in August, here is a bit of an update on Ginger, who came home to Rusty Hills on September 29.

She is a sweet, quiet mare and is settling in quite nicely. She shares a pasture with two other mares, Star and Lovey. Here are a few shots (remembering that I am a lousy photographer!)
wink.png

Ginger:
8353_gingers_come_home.jpg

Here with her new pasture-mates:

8353_pasturemates.jpg

And a shot of her with Star (who is 23!)

8353_hangin_with_star.jpg

She has a forever home here and will spend the rest of her days just being a horse! Thank you, Spring Chickens, for going the extra mile so she could come here to us at Rusty Hills.

Rusty

Last edited:
That is really great that you are providing such a great home and pasture mates for her.

Do you always leave the halters on when turned out? I would worry about them catching them on something.

When I was new to horses at age 45, I was told to always remove the halters.

I keep the halter off my pony and collars off the goats.

forever home, i like that phrase its how i feel about my dog Shadow he was a rescue pup and drives me crazy but hes here for good.

Lovely horses and ginger looks so settled i think she knows she is at home now.

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

That is really great that you are providing such a great home and pasture mates for her.

Do you always leave the halters on when turned out? I would worry about them catching them on something.

Normally I agree with you, but there are contributing factors right now: the pasture, the other horses, and the routine are all new for Ginger AND so far she is a bit fearful of people. Once I get her past these things, we will no doubt lose the halters.

lol.png

Rusty​

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

Yeah, I have a mare who lost an eye because previous owner left a nylon halter on and she caught it in the gate. Course, a one-eyed horse is kinda a novelty............​

Quote:
Normally I agree with you, but there are contributing factors right now: the pasture, the other horses, and the routine are all new for Ginger AND so far she is a bit fearful of people. Once I get her past these things, we will no doubt lose the halters.

lol.png

Rusty

I don't blame you at all for wanting to keep a halter on her for a little while. She's a lot better than she used to be, but she's not the easiest horse to catch. I am so glad she's going to have such an amazing life-long home.

Back
Top Bottom