Girl or boy?

saucyaussies

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2016
Yet another person wondering about the sex of their chicken! lol! I had an orpington girl go broody on me in the fall so I brought her in and let her sit - of 6 eggs only one hatched out, we were both first timers so I'm impressed we even got one.

I've waffled on whether it;s a rooster or a hen, and I was pretty sure but now I'm questioning again.

Hatched Nov 24th, Wheaton maran x splash orpington
cassidymarch.jpg
cassidymarchright.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0748 (2).JPG
    IMG_0748 (2).JPG
    439.6 KB · Views: 0
yay!!! Thank you everyone! When she was a month or so old I was fairly certain rooster as that little tail went straight up and she was so upright. But as I've been watching her grow she's looking more and more like her mom and I havent been able to see any saddle or tail feathers coming in so I was cautiously optimistic.

I was never an orpington fan, just didn't like their shape of body but Fannie and Cassidy have totally won me over. They are so sweet and so funny.

I have been getting some very small eggs, I wonder if she's already laying. Everyone else is a year or more old. I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden someone was laying smaller eggs. (I've had chickens less than a year...that's my excuse...lol!)

Back
Top Bottom