Girls don't like their new coop

maryhbrock

Chirping
May 14, 2020
My four fab girls are mad at me for buying them a lovely new coop. They are dropping eggs everywhere.
And I found the first soft shell egg this morning. They've been in the new coop for four days, and are also still sitting underneath the roost, instead of moving around in the large space

I can't tell if the new roosting boxes are too small? I brought over the old straw, and their old curtains to make it feel like their other boxes. I've seen them going in and out, but the eggs never wind up in the right place. Advice greatly appreciated.
In the picture...the new building is on the left, and the far right is part of their old coop that we attached to the new.

Attachments

• 20220808_083348.jpg
    20220808_083348.jpg
    983.3 KB · Views: 14
My four fab girls are mad at me for buying them a lovely new coop. They are dropping eggs everywhere.
And I found the first soft shell egg this morning. They've been in the new coop for four days, and are also still sitting underneath the roost, instead of moving around in the large space

I can't tell if the new roosting boxes are too small? I brought over the old straw, and their old curtains to make it feel like their other boxes. I've seen them going in and out, but the eggs never wind up in the right place. Advice greatly appreciated.
In the picture...the new building is on the left, and the far right is part of their old coop that we attached to the new.
Do you have fake egg decoys in their nest boxes? 12" is good average for a box ♡

Back
Top Bottom