Girls made it outside today for a little fun in the sun

TrueBlueKYGirl

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 15, 2014
Northern Kentucky

Took a bit of time for them to come out of the box on their own. Once they were out and realized it was safe, they loved it. I can not believe how fast they are growing. So far it looks like no "Roo" in my batch, fingers crossed. My neighbors seem accepting of chickens, but a rooster, probably not so much.

How cute! They do look like they were enjoying themselves. They do grow fast, keeping fingers crossed for you that they all turn out to be girls :fl

Took a bit of time for them to come out of the box on their own. Once they were out and realized it was safe, they loved it. I can not believe how fast they are growing. So far it looks like no "Roo" in my batch, fingers crossed. My neighbors seem accepting of chickens, but a rooster, probably not so much.

Now you have a really nice set up for them and what a great Easter photo ..
jumpy.gif

I had an extra roll of picket fencing from a garden laying around and decided it would work out. I wrapped it with a plastic netting to make sure no one escaped. Not sure who had more fun, them or use watching them. Since we have hawks in the area I asked my son and husband to hang out side with us. It was a great way to spend our Easter morning!

I had an extra roll of picket fencing from a garden laying around and decided it would work out. I wrapped it with a plastic netting to make sure no one escaped. Not sure who had more fun, them or use watching them. Since we have hawks in the area I asked my son and husband to hang out side with us. It was a great way to spend our Easter morning!

Repurposed fencing put to excellent use but if you have hawks in the area maybe some netting over the top

Back
Top Bottom