Give me pictures of your chickens and I'll try to sex them

these are all pics of the same chick, any guesses on its sex, tis about 3 weeks old now. not pure breed, first pic is mom.

these are all pics of the same chick, any guesses on its sex, tis about 3 weeks old now. not pure breed, first pic is mom.
Your chick is too young to tell gender. I would post some new photos of it in 4-5 weeks. By then, we should have a better idea of its gender.

will do. its so cute though. lol mom just insisted on hatching her first little baby. mom is about 9 months old

Need some help here. I was given this bird and am not sure of the breed or gender. Can you give me your advice? Thanks!

Pullet or Cockerel? About 4.5 - 5 months old, Crested Polish and EE mix. I started my own thread but only got 2 responses and I need more because if it is a male, I am going to caponize him and if he's a girl, I don't want to cut into her. LOL

I see no rooster like feathers coming in, and the face looks very feminine. I am going to vote pullet.

I have 2 RIRs I am positive that one is a roo the other has the same appearance but is a good bit smaller....they are approx 5.5 months old. Want to make sure both are roos because I am going to harvest them (first timer!). Thanks in advance! The 2nd and 4th pics are of the one I question.

I have 2 RIRs I am positive that one is a roo the other has the same appearance but is a good bit smaller....they are approx 5.5 months old. Want to make sure both are roos because I am going to harvest them (first timer!). Thanks in advance! The 2nd and 4th pics are of the one I question.
Yup, those are roosters. you can see the stringy saddle and hackle feathers coming in. Hope they are tasty!

Back
Top Bottom