Gizmo and how I'm not dead (pic heavy)

My peas grew up around toes cause it has got to be freezing for me to wear shoes and then they are toe shoes.
oh my god that's adorable. Here, it's too cold for a lot of the year to wear anything but shoes... and usually I wear boots! It's like -10 here right now, and we're under a foot of snow with another foot on the way sunday :| Needless to say, everyone is hunkered down in the barn around the heat lamp and heated water bucket!

I think maybe Gizmo and Osiris both think toes = finger-like things = treats!!

My whites love to grab treats. Ever since they were given to me they have always been that way.
We always say that Peep has a foot fetish because when I say he displays for me, it is really him displaying at my feet. Here is Peep when he was little.

I wear crocs in the peafowl pen to keep my other shoes from getting dirty, and Alto likes to peck my feet through the holes in the crocs.

My whites love to grab treats. Ever since they were given to me they have always been that way.
We always say that Peep has a foot fetish because when I say he displays for me, it is really him displaying at my feet. Here is Peep when he was little.

I wear crocs in the peafowl pen to keep my other shoes from getting dirty, and Alto likes to peck my feet through the holes in the crocs.

Your peacocks are so sweet!!
love.gif
Does it hurt when Alto pecks at your feet?

No Alto doesn't peck my feet hard enough for it to hurt, but sometimes if he is annoyed at me and really wants more treats he pecks me really hard and it does hurt. One time he wouldn't stop pecking me and even pecked me on the leg and it hurt so I chased him all around the pen. I wanted to show him I was the dominant one, and he hasn't pecked me that much since, but sometimes he does peck me hard.

Gizmo pulled a scale off his foot a few days ago, and I thought it was going to be a real hassle to clean and treat it (none of my other peas let me handle their feet without a fight, or even touch them without picking up their feet to get away), but as it turns out, he can do half of "step up" just as well as "step up". It'll be really interesting to see how well he's able to do this later in life... certainly makes medical care easier. He didn't care about me washing his feet off with wet paper towel or applying the antibiotic gel... he wasn't as big a fan of the liquid bandage spray, but it worked really well since it's almost the same color as his feet and covers up the red spot to keep him from picking.

0.jpg

Last edited:
Gizmo pulled a scale off his foot a few days ago, and I thought it was going to be a real hassle to clean and treat it (none of my other peas let me handle their feet without a fight, or even touch them without picking up their feet to get away), but as it turns out, he can do half of "step up" just as well as "step up". It'll be really interesting to see how well he's able to do this later in life... certainly makes medical care easier. He didn't care about me washing his feet off with wet paper towel or applying the antibiotic gel... he wasn't as big a fan of the liquid bandage spray, but it worked really well since it's almost the same color as his feet and covers up the red spot to keep him from picking.

0.jpg
No Alto doesn't peck my feet hard enough for it to hurt, but sometimes if he is annoyed at me and really wants more treats he pecks me really hard and it does hurt. One time he wouldn't stop pecking me and even pecked me on the leg and it hurt so I chased him all around the pen. I wanted to show him I was the dominant one, and he hasn't pecked me that much since, but sometimes he does peck me hard.
That's good! Guess the stubborn streak won't dissapear forever. As long as he knows who the boss around the place is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom