Glad to be here!

Macksmamma

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2017
Hello Everyone, so glad to have found this forum! I've wanted chickens for years and my husband finally gave the green light this year. I have never raised chickens before but I am a Licensed Vet Tech, so I take all things with animal husbandry seriously.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are new to chickens, should be getting our peeps this week. My parents had chickens when I was a child.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Hopefully we will have 10 beautiful chicks this week.

(3) What breeds do you have?
We ordered a rare breed assortment. Looking forward to the fun of identifying what we have!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Not sure yet but I'm going to guess just watching them be chickens. I've always loved chickens.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
We've shown horses and dogs over the years. We love all things outdoors, especially hiking. My husband is a youth volleyball coach, he loves all things volleyball.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I just celebrated our 26th anniversary last week. We have a 23 year old son and 21 year old daughter. We currently have a 10 year old retired champion Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a rescue dog who reminds everyone of Petey from the Little Rascals. We live on 2.5 acres in an Agricultural zoned area. Our coop is almost done, it's 8x8 and our run is 8x20 (for now) hoping to be able to free range them at some point but I have lots of questions about that!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Good old Google, I think I first found this group a couple of years ago and am now finally interacting because my chicks should be born today!

Back
Top Bottom