Glad to live in America

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Melabella, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Melabella

Melabella Overrun With Chickens

Jun 2, 2011
    Hello all here on BYC[​IMG]

Just want to say I had a bit of a family reunion today at Ellis Island, to celebrate the 100th year anniversary since my grandparents came to this country from Sicily.

I can only imagine when after 3 weeks on the frieghter they took to get here, their ship rounded Liberty Island and they saw her standing proud, welcoming them.
    [​IMG]
    I know times aren't perfect right now, and don't want to talk politics, world situations, or any thing else other than to say,

I love my country, and I love the land I live on, and I am proud to be an American tonight.

God bless you all, and yours, families, animals, and especially your chickens!

MB

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Wonderful story and picture. Thanks so for sharing! My grandparents came over as well. I often wonder what the travel would have been like and the sacrifices made for them to arrive at Ellis Island. God Bless you too, MB

3. Melabella

Jun 2, 2011
    Thank you Bargain!

Freedom Tower, rebuilding......
    [​IMG]

4. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

beautiful post

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  5. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Love, love, love the photos [​IMG] and great story!

6. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Let us all remember to be as grateful as you are.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Given the opportunity, Ellis Island should be a 'must' visit for all Americans. An awesome site filled with the spirits of those who entered our country.

8. Melabella

Jun 2, 2011
    [​IMG]So funny you mention spirits of all who passed through. I walked around wondering about the millions of stories passing through there. Here is a photo from 1912, the year my grandparents came. Some of the people were moving... alsmost making them ghosts like... What a wonderful place our country is!

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Amen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by