glass board floor question

Glass board also known as PolyMax board can be purchased from FarmTek. It comes in various thicknesses from 1/16" to 1/4". It is used to cover surfaces so they are easy to clean. farmtek.com

I just bought some FRP Board from Home Depot for the walls of my coop. It is sometimes seen in bathrooms or commercial kitchens. It has a pebbly side and a smooth side. For flooring I don't think it would be less slick than vinyl. I got a scrap of vinyl floor for 3 bucks at the HFH Restore. FRP board $25 for a 4x8, glad it is a small coop.

PLEXIGLASS is what you are asking about. I got mine at Lowes and used it over the wood flooring of my small coop. With straw over that, it was easy to clean each morning. Make sure you caulk all around all the edges...that way if you wash the plexiglass with water and soap for instance, the flooring won't get wet and warp.

It's called FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic). Lowes or Home Depot has it. I can't find it on their website but I've seen it in every store.
It is near pegboard in the store. It is about 1/8 inch thick and waterproof. Shower stalls are made of it. Comes in a 4' x 8' sheet.
Yes they have that but what she is referring to the "glass floor" is actually a polyethylene sheeting or rolls comes in various colors and sizes i do not know where the amish or coop builders buy it from but its very expensive online. I priced it once for a coop from a amish coop builder and his price wasn't to bad so they have an in somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom