Glass vs. Plexiglass

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
Ok so I guess its going to be left up to me to put a windown in...
roll.png

Ive never done this so Im kinda wondering whats the best way.
I have some left over glass along with a class cutter from a window or I have some plexiglass that I would have to wait even longer for installation.

To me plexiglass gets cloudy and ugly. My dad told me to keep the headlights on your car from getting the cloudy look was to wax them with car wax. Could this be true with plexiglass too?

My SO didnt want to put glass in there cause it could get broke. But I dont know whats going to break it
hmm.png

What did yall use and why?

I'll be using plexiglass because I can screw it right to the wall over the screened window. The weather is pretty nice here most of the time, so I want something easy to put up and take down.

I don't know about the wax thing. It'd be worth a try.

The plexiglass will get cloudy and scratched, cross my heart. Wax won't do it. Glass is always my preference (I'm a glazier). It can be tricky to cut, if you've never done it before. I'm guessing what you have there is 1/8" anneal glass used for window panes in houses. If a bird tries to bounce off of it, it will likely break. I prefer to err on the side of caution where glass is concerned. There are a lot of glass houses in Monroe, they should be able to get you a piece of 1/4" anneal or preferably, 1/8" tempered. It will come already cut and ready to install. It shouldn't be too expensive. Tempered is always best.

Back
Top Bottom