glee!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabookworm, Nov 12, 2009.

1. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    who here has been watching. i watched, but up until this week i wasn't particularly impressed. a lot of the main characters were sort of flat, not dynamic at all. all the plotlines were mostly focused on three or four characters. but i feel that this week's episode showed some other angles to the story and filled out some of the characters on whom we hadn't really had any background. what do you guys think?

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I like it, but it is painful to watch at times. Like The Office. Who wants to relive all those horrible moments from high school, or come home and go back to the awkward cubie?

BUT MAN do I love their music selections. I'll be singing Defying Gravity for DAYS!

EDITED: I guess I am saying I like it, but watching is a little torturous. Through my fingers as I am cringing.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  3. CHIC

CHIC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Roanoke
    May I first say that I normally don't get into these types of shows. That being said, I LOVE GLEE! I feel like a big dork but I just love it. I don't know why, I just do.

4. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I totally with the thing about liking it but cringing while you watch. its the same way with me. my problem was that the characters were mostly very archetypal (is that a word?) in that there is the hero, saving a bunch of kids, his enemy, who is pure evil, etc. I really like that they showed sue in a different light this week. it really rounded out her character.

5. CHIC

CHIC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Roanoke
    Quote:I agree.

6. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    This is the first week I have watched it. Oh my goodness - that song Defying Gravity was beautiful! What wonderful singers! I might go and watch it from epidsode 1 on the "interwebs" as my son likes to say.

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Love it! And so do the kids.
    That means I can watch it in peace, unlike when Heroes is on, and I wish I could lock them all in the closet for an hour.

8. vpeterson

vpeterson Chillin' With My Peeps

I love this show. I started watching in Sept. and am totallly hooked. My three teenage boys watch it with me and love it as well. It is very, very funny and I can't get enough of the musical numbers. The boy diva who sang this week is wonderful. He is a great actor!!!

9. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    I've never watched it, but I want to see it some time.

10. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    So I went to watch the full episodes online. They only post the last 4 or 5 so I can't watch it from the beginning [​IMG]

Maybe I will try Hulu tonight or something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by