Globe Chamomile / Stinknet

That is true. I have considered moving northward to lessen the heat.. and then the fires start from the heat! I might as well stay put, at least this city is built for the heat.

Check this out... it get worse!!

The Arizona department of Agriculture considers it a "high priority pest for quarantine, control or mitigation if a significant threat to a crop, commodity, or habitat is known to exist."[6] Other problems are its density which displaces native vegetation, high flammability of dried-out patches, and caustic smoke when burned.[2]

I guess we will keep pulling it. This is the first time we have ever had it in our yard, but we can't keep up! I am hoping we get rid of it this season.
The fires were terrible here for the last several summers! The smoke if very toxic.

The fires were terrible here for the last several summers! The smoke if very toxic.
Yea, we had them here too, although most of the smoke was coming from California. I had to buy several air purifiers due to asthma. Next i need a tesla solar roof tile system and 3 powerwalls and i will be set for the melting of earth.

Yea, we had them here too, although most of the smoke was coming from California. I had to buy several air purifiers due to asthma. Next i need a tesla solar roof tile system and 3 powerwalls and i will be set for the melting of earth.
We had to get a filter for the Central air that remove smoke.

It’s really wired but one time in spring I was transferring my new. 5 week old chickens out side. I had situated there enclosure in a spot in my yard that was surrounded and inside had these globe plants. I really didn’t think anything of it. The baby chicks took the area to bear ground. I mean they plowed it under. I have also seen my chickens eating it since its allover my yard. They seemed fine. Don’t know if that means anything. Just FYI. It seems like gofers do not like any areas that these plants are in.

It’s really wired but one time in spring I was transferring my new. 5 week old chickens out side. I had situated there enclosure in a spot in my yard that was surrounded and inside had these globe plants. I really didn’t think anything of it. The baby chicks took the area to bear ground. I mean they plowed it under. I have also seen my chickens eating it since its allover my yard. They seemed fine. Don’t know if that means anything. Just FYI. It seems like gofers do not like any areas that these plants are in.
It looks like they will not be hurt by globe chamomile but may not eat it since it does not taste appealing to most animals

It looks like they will not be hurt by globe chamomile but may not eat it since it does not taste appealing to most animals
I was pulling it last week.. didn't put on my gardening gloves.. and my fingertips went numb!!! So.. I would not trust it around animals. But you need to get it out or it will overtake everything.

I was pulling it last week.. didn't put on my gardening gloves.. and my fingertips went numb!!! So.. I would not trust it around animals. But you need to get it out or it will overtake everything.
Definitely!

Star thistle juice tastes terrible too!

Do you have then in Arizona? The story here is that Pioneers brought star thistle to Northern CA for the bees since it makes very good honey.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom