1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gloria and Clarisse

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by FMAFarms, Mar 13, 2011.

1. FMAFarms

FMAFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Rural Michigan
    An evil friend of mine went to TSC a few days ago, just as they were closing, and sent me a photo of baby feather-leggeds to show me what they got in stock. Of course I had to have one; never mind that we're getting about a dozen in a few days' time! So meet Clarisse, who is the sweetest little thing. Except for one little Old English Game chick -- Cutie, who's the bottom-rung girl -- everyone accepted her right away, and Cutie does now, too. Clarisse acts just like you'd expect a baby but, to our amusement, she also likes to duck under the bigger chicks when something startles her or when she's tired and wants to nap. She does this even to Dennis, our Seabright bantam, and he actually extends a wing for her to duck under. She snuggles up to Gloria, our Lavender Orpington chick, most of all. While we took this series of shots, Clarisse ducked under Gloria, and Gloria nestled down right over her! Gloria is just one week older than Clarisse.

[​IMG]
    Clarisse and Gloria pose

[​IMG]
    Clarisse scoots under Gloria

[​IMG]
    Gloria nestles down over Clarisse

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  2. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    They are so adorable! [​IMG] Clarisse thinks Gloria is her mommy. [​IMG]

3. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    [​IMG] that is just to cute.

4. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    One word: AWWWWwwwww! [​IMG]

5. FMAFarms

FMAFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Rural Michigan
    I think you're right, Bock. Gloria was just feeding Clarisse yogurt beak-to-beak. Or rather, scooping up yogurt and letting Clarisse nibble it off. I guess that means I can expect Gloria to be a broody when she's old enough! [​IMG]

6. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] the babies,...[​IMG] that friend,.. [​IMG],..

7. humboldtpeeps

humboldtpeeps Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    I LOVE this! Soooo cute [​IMG] Thanks for sharing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by