Gloria and Clarisse

FMAFarms

Songster
8 Years
Feb 20, 2011
Rural Michigan
An evil friend of mine went to TSC a few days ago, just as they were closing, and sent me a photo of baby feather-leggeds to show me what they got in stock. Of course I had to have one; never mind that we're getting about a dozen in a few days' time! So meet Clarisse, who is the sweetest little thing. Except for one little Old English Game chick -- Cutie, who's the bottom-rung girl -- everyone accepted her right away, and Cutie does now, too. Clarisse acts just like you'd expect a baby but, to our amusement, she also likes to duck under the bigger chicks when something startles her or when she's tired and wants to nap. She does this even to Dennis, our Seabright bantam, and he actually extends a wing for her to duck under. She snuggles up to Gloria, our Lavender Orpington chick, most of all. While we took this series of shots, Clarisse ducked under Gloria, and Gloria nestled down right over her! Gloria is just one week older than Clarisse.

80397_img_7048.jpg

Clarisse and Gloria pose

80397_img_7052.jpg

Clarisse scoots under Gloria

80397_img_7059.jpg

Gloria nestles down over Clarisse

Last edited:
I think you're right, Bock. Gloria was just feeding Clarisse yogurt beak-to-beak. Or rather, scooping up yogurt and letting Clarisse nibble it off. I guess that means I can expect Gloria to be a broody when she's old enough!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom