Gluteus Quacksemus

Quackter

Songster
May 15, 2019
My girlfriend's cousin is coming to stay with us for a bit. She was knicked named "duck butt" as a kid, and still called "ducky" "affectionately" by her family. Which she is real "fond" of being called. Me being me I just had to send a welcome text. Sometimes my animals just make the day. I think our duck will make her bus trip a little easier. Maybe someone else has something like this they want to share. Keep it PG, but yeh other than that.
Resized_20190928_152649_4858.jpg

Resized_20190928_152720_3976.jpg

:gigVery cute!! My sister thinks I'm crazy and a walking salmonella commercial since I got my birds...so I sent her this pic the other day with...can't wait for your visit!! :gig
View attachment 1920687
:gigVery cute!! My sister thinks I'm crazy and a walking salmonella commercial since I got my birds...so I sent her this pic the other day with...can't wait for your visit!! :gig
View attachment 1920687
Now that is cute. That goose thinks it's a puppy? :)

She's a cutey, what kind is that? It looks pretty content. We have an embden. He likes his neck scratches too, but I like my eyes, so I don't pick him up unless I have to.

Kinda on the same subject, but I just have to share it with someone. I've got large brown egg layers and four smaller colored egg layers in the main pen. The big girls are at the top of the pecking order, so when I feed I'll use my foot to run defense to make sure the little ones get their share. Also anytime one gets loose, I'll hold it until it calms down, and then feed it from my hand all the way back to the fence, trying to imprint the recapture as a good thing. This morning, this beautiful little snow white hen, who you'd think was a dove if her tail feathers were flat, decided I was taking too long with the rabbits. With clipped wing feathers, she got up on their coop, looked at me, flew right at my chest. She landed so soft, and just took it for granted I was going to catch her. I carried her around tucked under my arm like a football for about five minutes. She never struggled or squawked once, even when we got to the chicken feed. I filled the can and she went straight to eating, all the way back to the gate. It's a pain in the butt feeding one handed, but I would almost like to make this a daily thing.

Back
Top Bottom