GMO soy and GMO corn

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Thomas Lamprogiorgos, Nov 6, 2018 at 7:57 AM.

Tags:
  1. Thomas Lamprogiorgos

Thomas Lamprogiorgos Songster

Oct 19, 2017
    Are GMO soy and GMO corn dangerous for chickens and for humans eating eggs and chickens?

2. imnukensc

imnukensc Songster

May 22, 2017
    SC Midlands
    No.

Thomas Lamprogiorgos likes this.
  3. Mosey2003

Mosey2003 Songster

Apr 13, 2016
    NC IL
    No.

4. FnWeirdo

FnWeirdo Chirping

Sep 6, 2018
    u.p. mi
    very little credible research has been done with gmos, the answer is maybe. an older study was done with gmos and mice. a huge number of them ended with tumors, cancers, and other other things.

we don't have any hard evidence that gmo's are safe. in fact we don't have much hard evidence in gmo's at all. but the term gmo can even refer to much older methods which we all know are safe. so its a clouded subject....

they also said fluoride is safe ... yet its a by product of oil refinery and a neural toxin. we started seeing this being sold after standard oil was broke up. btw they have shown in studies that fluoride ingestion while pregnant lowers average iq of offspring.

my point is... if you wouldn't buy gmo for yourself. don't feed it to your chickens. there is no evidence that it will or will not affect the eggs. because of lack of research

if you sell your eggs you also can not advertise organic or non-gmo if you feed gmo to your chickens. if you do its false advertisement.

Thomas Lamprogiorgos likes this.
  5. Mosey2003

Mosey2003 Songster

Apr 13, 2016
    NC IL
    There have actually been MULTIPLE studies done showing GMO grain is safe.

6. FnWeirdo

FnWeirdo Chirping

Sep 6, 2018
    u.p. mi
    and shown to be dangerous ... "credible "research is hard to find on the subject hense... if you want to be away from gmo's don't feed it to your chickens

on just about any subject we can find plenty of biased research done that paints different stories of the same thing both being accredited.
    very little credible research is out there

7. FnWeirdo

FnWeirdo Chirping

Sep 6, 2018
    u.p. mi
  8. Mosey2003

Mosey2003 Songster

Apr 13, 2016
    NC IL
    Come now, if you want to have a discussion, you need to at least click on the link to see what it contains. If you had, you would see that it's discussing ALL the studies that have been done, and maybe then we'd have something new to discuss :)

9. My corn and beans we harvest is GMO. My chickens regularly venture out to the fields to snack on it, never has anything bad happened. No sick or dead chickens from eating it or walking through it. All my animals go out and eat it actually! Have been for over 6 years

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: