GMO soy and GMO corn

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Thomas Lamprogiorgos, Nov 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sylviethecochin

sylviethecochin Free Ranging

Jun 14, 2017
    Central PA
    x2

To the people making this look like a debate on a youtube comment thread:
    I'm sorry if I'm being harsh and officious, but keep it polite, please. Neither of you is going to convince the other.

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist

Mar 11, 2017
    South Park, Colorado, USA
    Also to the OP, it would be interesting if you attached a poll to this thread and let BYC users vote. I'd be curious to see where the majority stand on this issue, not that it proves the safety one way or the other.

Thomas Lamprogiorgos likes this.
  3. ChickenLeg

ChickenLeg Crowing

Feb 15, 2012
    But they have been sued for saving the seeds from cross pollination and planting them, even if the cross pollination was from another farmers crops ;)

4. Mosey2003

Mosey2003 Crowing

Apr 13, 2016
    NC IL
    Do you have a source for any of these cases? My sources say otherwise.

5. Mosey2003

Mosey2003 Crowing

Apr 13, 2016
    NC IL
    I'm sorry, I am not trying to convince, merely to have a factual discussion. I may be direct, but I am not purposely being impolite.

6. ChickenLeg

ChickenLeg Crowing

Feb 15, 2012
    I dont want to turn this into a debate because there are plenty of info on the web. Here's a case from a simple google search... my hands are clean from this thread. I feel like we're discussing politics or religion lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Schmeiser

7. Mosey2003

Mosey2003 Crowing

Apr 13, 2016
    NC IL
    I'm not debating, I honestly just wanted a source if you had one. So thank you, I will read that.

8. Noreaster Egger

Noreaster Egger Songster

May 22, 2016
    heh

Corn and soy here is a major trigger topic. Add GMO into the mix and KABOOM.

Anyway, I don't have much additional to add, but I try to avoid it as much as possible in my life. Whether it's safe or not, I usually err to the side of eating food the way nature created it.

9. Thomas Lamprogiorgos

Thomas Lamprogiorgos Songster

Oct 19, 2017
    Greece
    Some ravens in this site don't want me to create polls.

10. The real truth is that NO research has ever been done on non GMO crops. Some examples are non GMO wheat, peaches, apples, squash, tomatoes, chicken meat, green beans, kale, pork chops, almost everything that we put into our pie hole. While GMO crops must endure a long and extensive approval process that involves credible scientific research.

As for the supposed research that involved rodents, it was lab rats that was used and by a very small margin the lab rats fed on GMO food only contracted cancer @ the rate of 88% while this special strain of lab rats are expected to contract cancer @ the rate of 90% when fed on NON-GMO food. So to be fair it seems that GMOs are a cancer fighter.

This "STUDY" was almost universally condemned even by anti GMO activest, and the so called scientist who authored it was ordered by the European Union to withdraw this phony study.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: