Gnat infestation! Gah!

TJAnonymous

Enabler
Feb 29, 2020
Central Arkansas
I am at my wit's end. I have a terrible gnat infestation in my house and I can't seem to get rid of it! I have tried everything. They are predominantly in the kitchen but also spread to the bathrooms and my sunroom where my plants are located. I have gone online looking for solutions and tried many or even a combination of many. My gnat infestation has only gotten worse.

I have tried bowls of apple cider vinegar (with and without dish soap). I have tried dumping bleach down the drain (almost daily for a while). I have tried spraying them with Raid. I have put up yellow sticky traps all over the kitchen. I also put up old-school fly traps. My trashcan is a trash compactor so it is sealed. They can't get into the trash at all. I have made sure that no food or dirty/wet dishes have been left out. I have made sure no wet dish cloths or sponges have been left out. I also shut the door to the sunroom for a week to block off any access to my plants/soil/etc.

I have no idea what else to do to get rid of them..... This has gotten ridiculous.

I just made a spray concoction with peppermint castile soap and tea tree oil. I've been spraying them mid-air with it to knock them down. It also should help keep them away from any surfaces that are sprayed because they don't like peppermint or tea tree oil.

Supposedly.

Back
Top Bottom