Gnats in the incubator?

KenleighFarms

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 19, 2013
Has anyone ever had this? I know I haven't. When I went to fill up the water tray this evening, I noticed about 8 little dead bodies in the water tray. I just went back to check on the temperature (day 5 here) and there is one flying around in the incubator. One point is these were eggs that I purchased from a local breeder but there are a few of my own chicken eggs in there. Will they harm the eggs? NO eggs have cracks or didn't when I set them and there is no smell coming from the incubator either. Advice please =).

whew thanks! Just sort of weird seeing them in there since I don't have them any where else in my home. I wonder if one of the eggs had a larvae on it and then it hatched and had babies? When I candle I will see if I can kill the one/s that are flying around because I don't want them there when the babies hatch.

How did this turn out for you? I see a couple gnats in mine and am unsure about setting the eggs. (An egg exploded in my last batch and Drew gnats but I cleaned the bator thoroughly so I don't know why they're back again without eggs!)

How did this turn out for you? I see a couple gnats in mine and am unsure about setting the eggs. (An egg exploded in my last batch and Drew gnats but I cleaned the bator thoroughly so I don't know why they're back again without eggs!)

Knats are attracted to the moisture in the incubator mine was new hatched my baby chicks. While cleaning it I noticed a lot of knats and their eggs in the cracks and crevices.i nearly disassembled and scraped, scrubbing with soap water and Clorox they must have came in from outside I keep a clean home didn't see them anywhere else.i put peppermint or lavender oil around it to keep them out .so far so good.🙏🙏🤔🤗

Back
Top Bottom