Gnats!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by countrygirl4513, Aug 14, 2007.

1. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed the increase in gnats? They are constantly getting in the house, and aggravating the crap out of me. My husband calls them "[email protected] gnats" don't want to sound vulgar, but that's what he calls them. I get tickled every time I think about it. But they are just as aggravating. I don't know why we are having trouble with them. I'm very picky about my home and we are clean people, but these gnats are getting monotonous!

2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    They are just as bad here but I'm having trouble with flies getting in the house. I had to fix the second screen door on the porch which helps some. But they must know where all the entry holes to the house are because they are still getting in.

3. Chickemee

Chickemee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2007
    Texas
    For the gnats in my house, I get a clear container pour a half inch of whisky or wine. Then put ploastic wrap over the top and pop a couple holes in it.

4. RoyalHillsLLC

RoyalHillsLLC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    NW Louisiana-Vivian
    The gnats fly in it thru the holes, I take it? Then can't get out? Is that the idea?
    We have them too.

5. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Quote:I do this too, but, use Apple Cider Vinegar, and make a funnel out of a small piece of paper, works great

6. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Great ideas cause I have them too. Also have a problem with flies and crickets right now. I don't know how they are getting in but sometimes I feel like I am outside instead of inside. It's driving me crazy and I have that automatic fly spray in it's container that goes off every 18 minutes. Also have those little green bugs that fly and want to worship the computer monitor and t.v. I just hate it cause like you countrygirl, my house is clean and I'm gonna pull my hair out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by