GOAL: Chicken Coop for under $50 with Pallets! (**Progress Pics!**)

WOW! Perfect, thank you. TWO less than 30mins from me!

clap.gif

Looking for used pallets? Check with your local feed stores! I was explaining my new build plans to the lady at the feed store I where I buy chicken feed and dog food, and she took me to the back of the lot...wow!...4 high piles of pallets they got with their orders! Two of the piles were freebies - nothing wrong with them, just weathered...the others they were selling for $5 each, only because the company they buy from charges them a $5 deposit on each pallet. So, I got started with a dozen free pallets, all measuring the same size!

And the Habitat For Humanity Re-Store is a great place to find those odds and ends that make up a repurposed coop/run! I visit our local one almost weekly. And the money you pay goes to a very worthwhile cause!

Have fun with this! And by all means keep us updated!

Dumb question... but how would I find out if there is one of these near me? I've tried simply googling it but didn't see anything.

Hey, canesisters! I searched "Habitat for Humanity Virginia" and it showed me half a dozen VA cities - don't know where you are, but try searching using your city name. For example, if you search "Habitat For Humanity Restore New Braunfels" it brings up our local Re-Store.

Hope this helps...have a great day, and God bless!

UPDATE:

This weekend we finished the majority of the walls and roof.
We have one more small wall under the nesting boxes to fill in, but we ran out of plywood.
Looks like that will be our first expense outside of the windows.

We are still at $15 total spent so far.

We got the rest of the roof up.

Then filled in the sides

We got he rest of the floor down

This is the remaining wall we need to fill in, and where the nesting boxes will be. These nesting boxes will hopefully be replaced with something a little nicer looking soon =)

We have three boxes for 7 girls, and i know they don't care what they look like, so they will do for now.

and here is the roll of vinyl flooring i got for free to put on the floor inside.

we just need to finish the doors, the run and paint!!
we are getting closer!!

I took a vid last week that i was going to post, but looks like i need to get it on youtube first.

Back
Top Bottom