goat behaviour

My dad's fiance bent over yesterday to give them food and to mix it up in the container and rosco I guess being in rut plowed into her slamming her head with his almost half foot long two inch thick horns (other than a bad headache she was fine) but being in rut definitely makes more sense with this behaviour because usually he's this sweet thing that loves being petted. But anyways how do we deal with this besides removing his manhood
1f602.png
because my cousins are still small and love playing with our goats but I don't want them plowed over so I have kept them out (rosco doesn't really do it to me though for some reason)

Removing his manhood is the best way, but asserting your dominance over him might help a little. You can do this by trying to punish his bad behaviors and ignoring everything else he does. If you go online and look for different ways to assert your dominance in goats there are a lot, so it's your choice how to do it or if you even want to do so. I would give you a way that's worked for me, but I've never had to do it before. Good luck! :D

Don't know much about goats, other than from watching my neighbor's unneutered buck. You could smell this guy all over the neighborhood when he was in the rut. It was horrible.
1f61d.png
. If I had a doe and wanted her bred, I would either take her to someone else's buck, or just buy a baby.

Lol there's a reason why we built our fence far away from our own and closer to the neighboors ( really mean people.. we didn't actually build it there just to piss them off its really the only flat area) but you can smell him from a mile away. At least he keeps to coyotes away from our livestock... But THE WORST Thing Is IF He Brushes UP AGAIN St YOU WITH HIS Head OR Neck YOU IMEADIALTY NEED To SPRAY IT DOWN WITH SOME THINGS OR Else THE Smell DOESN'T Come OUT. ...
1f602.png

Last edited:
Lol there's a reason why we built our fence far away from our own and closer to the neighboors ( really mean people.. we didn't actually build it there just to piss them off its really the only flat area) but you can smell him from a mile away. At least he keeps to coyotes away from our livestock... But THE WORST Thing Is IF He Brushes UP AGAIN St YOU WITH HIS Head OR Neck YOU IMEADIALTY NEED To SPRAY IT DOWN WITH SOME THINGS OR Else THE Smell DOESN'T Come OUT. ...
1f602.png

Lol! :lol:

Ok continuation of this question....it is confirmed out little girl is pregnant.... but her stomach has grown massively like it looks like she has been pregnant longer than she has been. She already looks very heavy if that's a good term for it. Is that normal at this stage?

Last edited:
Ok continuation of this question....it is confirmed out little girl is pregnant.... but her stomach has grown massively like it looks like she has been pregnant longer than she has been. She already looks very heavy if that's a good term for it. Is that normal at this stage?

I've actually never delt with pregnant goats before, so hopefully someone who has can answer you. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom