1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Goat feeding techniques to make it 100KG+

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Aseel Chicken lover, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Aseel Chicken lover

Aseel Chicken lover New Egg

May 3, 2011
    Hi all.
    What should I feed my goat at different times of the day, how much in quantity, etc... should be simple organic stuff. I want to make my goat weigh >100kg in 1 year. Thanks.

2. Aseel Chicken lover

May 3, 2011
    anyone with a sincere advise?

3. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
  4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Definitely ask on BYH. I don't think overloading him with grain is a good thing though. Lots of high quality hay and browse if what he needs.

5. Aseel Chicken lover

May 3, 2011
    Thanks all. Now I'll ask my query at the sister website, hope to get this buck to good use.

6. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    I just got goats so may not be of much help.
    Mine eat a mix of alphalfa, Noble Goat feed, and corn. I mix it up this was to get them to eat the alphalfa.
    Otherwise they don't eat it. Rufus was raised on a high grain diet of commercial feed mixed with corn. When I got him home he did not want anything to do with the alphalfa. Bella came from some folks at the last trade day and is very shy due to not being handled and she has been a nervous eater.

So I am bribing them to a healthier diet as I am slowly weaning down the amount of grain feed as I been reading that they should have 3 parts grassy hay(alphalfa) to 1 part grain. I also have some regular hay in a hanging feeder for them and I cut weeds, tree limbs, and bushes to give to them.

They are used to the new feed schedule now ( I feed them in the morning and evening by splitting their rations) and have feeled out nicely.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by