Goat help

Macbain

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2021
I don’t know if this is the right place to post this but I need some insight on this matter.
Yesterday, mama goat gave birth to two kids! Congratulations me!
But my question is the mama goat is only taking care of the black one and biting the tail and head butting the white one. The mama is also preventing the white one to feed. Those anybody know why? Further info, the black is a female and the white in a male.
99174BF2-1681-4132-B63C-8DFC3AD92F19.jpeg

Attachments

• 19DFEC2B-2254-400C-9BB8-8827CC7E17B5.jpeg
    19DFEC2B-2254-400C-9BB8-8827CC7E17B5.jpeg
    741.5 KB · Views: 57
It sounds like she’s rejecting the white one, you’ll most likely have to hold mom still while baby nurses, and after a day or so she should realize that they’re both her babies 🙂 I’ve noticed it's most common with first timers, especially if they’re stressed out

It sounds like she’s rejecting the white one, you’ll most likely have to hold mom still while baby nurses, and after a day or so she should realize that they’re both her babies 🙂 I’ve noticed it's most common with first timers, especially if they’re stressed out
Thank you,
We did try that but she became very hostile 🥹

Occasionally a doe will reject one or more of her kids. I had one doe that thought her buck kid was wonderful, but she would pick up her little doe kid by the ear and throw it as far as she could. In these cases, there is no changing the doe's mind. You will have to raise the kid yourself because she sure isn't going to.

Back
Top Bottom