GOAT LEG PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

sorry to leave you guys hanging. But extra java his pee weak now, Would kidney stones make it so he couldn't walk anymore?

That is the thing though. I'm counting on the internet to tell me what to buy to treat him, but I can't find out what is wrong with him because he seems like he is in no pain at all.

That is the thing though. I'm counting on the internet to tell me what to buy to treat him, but I can't find out what is wrong with him because he seems like he is in no pain at all.

You cannot know for sure what his level of discomfort is. If he cannot get up, it is likely that he is in some pain, which may be the cause of his inability to walk. For example, how do you know that his paralysis isn't due to a spinal cord problem, like from a ruptured disc? The answer is, you don't know, and who knows, that could be one of many, many reasons he is not able to walk. By the way, a spinal condition can be excruciating! If he has been down for 2 weeks, I promise you also that he is suffering discomfort and or pain from being down. Staying in one place and not being able to move causes pain from the pressure on bones and joints - if you havn't experienced it or worked with people who can't walk, you cannot imagine the pain. Stop playing "junior veternarian" and call a vet or have someone put him down. (euthanize him) Two weeks is too long for you to not have consulted a vet for a condition this serious.

Last edited:
I have to agree, goats will do their best to appear normal even when really ill other wise they risk being bullied by others, your goat will have tried his very best to stand and if he can't then he has serious and yes probably a painful condition, I was also wondering if he has had an injury and damaged his spine in some way, pleeeeease do something for him even if it is to end his life

how is he doing? I first though to lok at him check with your hands to see if there are any bumps on his body any where I am not sure where you are Australia has some sort of flea that can paralize a animal and it is of matter of quickness to do something or well it is not good. Can you pick him up I don't know what he is how big that is see if you can stand him up. and see if he tries to use his legs if not let him down. You need to keep hold of him as you do this so he doesn't fall to one side or the other or just collasp. Next after you feel everywhere now look is there any bite marks or anything out of the norm you will know if it is not right BELIEVE ME you will know. he coud of been stung or bit do you have snakes there I would think his life would of ended if bit by a snake but I am trying to cover everthing I can think of. I know what it is like to not have a vet that knows of goats and ever if yoou call a vet they will still need to see the animal they can not tell you for sure what it is.

On the chance of he life has to end I would give him peace and let him go to be paralized in the back is hard enough but you know I just thinking if you can find someone to make a I don't know what it is called but they do this for paralized dogs they make like a wheel chair sort of thing to carry the dogs back end I have seen this for a few animals not only dogs but maybe this is a choice you may have don't know the cost but someone here may know what I am talking of.

I am sorry I can't help you in any other way. I am a hands on person.

Rhayden

No vet teaching not vet tech over 50 years experience.

Back
Top Bottom