Goat not eating grain and soft stool

Pics
She's feeling much better this morning! Not 100% yet but improvement is wonderful. She didn't eat all her grain but did nibble on it and has been nibbling on hay throughout the day. So she at least has some appetite back. Drinking water and no diarrhea. Stool is loose but looking a lot better. She's been up here and there throughout the day but it's been pouring rain all day so they're all pretty lazy today. Thank for the suggestions and support. Learned alot

I am so glad both you and that little goat made it through and learned a lot. After watery diarrhea, generally takes a few days to be back to normal. Don't forget to reworm in a week to 10 days to catch those hatching eggs. Moist, rainey weather is the perfect environment for worms, so either worm the others or watch closely.

She's feeling much better this morning! Not 100% yet but improvement is wonderful. She didn't eat all her grain but did nibble on it and has been nibbling on hay throughout the day. So she at least has some appetite back. Drinking water and no diarrhea. Stool is loose but looking a lot better. She's been up here and there throughout the day but it's been pouring rain all day so they're all pretty lazy today. Thank for the suggestions and support. Learned alot
thumbs-up.gif
hug behind.gif

I am so glad both you and that little goat made it through and learned a lot. After watery diarrhea, generally takes a few days to be back to normal. Don't forget to reworm in a week to 10 days to catch those hatching eggs. Moist, rainey weather is the perfect environment for worms, so either worm the others or watch closely.
Did the Op worm this goat?

Yes. Wormed her yesterday. Not sure that it was worms because the others were fine and they are always together but maybe it was. Or she ate something that didn't settle and I freaked cause diarrhea can mean rough stuff

Yes. Wormed her yesterday. Not sure that it was worms because the others were fine and they are always together but maybe it was. Or she ate something that didn't settle and I freaked cause diarrhea can mean rough stuff
Thanks..I must have missed that post. My bad.
Glad to hear she is feeling better.

Close eye on her and all definitely especially since they weren't all lounging in the shelter out of the pouring rain. Ate tonight as normal so hopefully keep looking up. She's super sweet , eveyone loves her even the UPS lady. Hate seeing her sick

Back
Top Bottom